Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Did she just fold paper into a 4D shape with her bare hands? That's really impressive.

Shinawa is the most tonally dissonant part of the show by a huge margin; it feels like there's a shounen mecha series missing their lead scientist somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

gently caress they even have the stupid Google dome obsession including the "next-generation construction methods" required.

There Bias Two posted:

I wasn't especially fond of her argument against moving forward. Cultural exchange is a natural facet of humanity that we've engaged in since before we were even fully human. To say that what we have now is fine is an incredibly myopic viewpoint. Sure, the outcome might destroy humanity, but that's likely to happen regardless of interference.

Yeah her arguments rang hollow with me too. Her points about how the stuff that happened "in the universe" are sacrosanct and that the anisotropic is somehow different just doesn't mesh with what we know. It's not clear whether the universe is directly "part of" the anisotropic but it's clear that they both exist and have always existed (at least for some definition of always). It'd be like saying we shouldn't travel to Mars because humanity didn't know other planets existed for a very long time.

There are decent reasons to avoid these new devices and really critical questions that aren't even being asked or talked about, but the arguments that are being brought up in the show aren't very strong.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

That was just bizarre. It retroactively worsens the earlier parts of the show because now it's apparent they have no answers for all the questions they raised.

Also I guess it's implying that souls exist? Which honestly seems like a weird tack for a show about how gods made the universe because they ran out of things to watch on TV.

I thought the show was supposed to be about negotiations? Not that it ever actually was.

• Locked thread