Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

And the next episode preview looks like something bad will happen. This is a really drat compelling show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

eonwe posted:

how is this

weird but good, well paced and interesting

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

nielsm posted:

If a human has seen the sansa, is s/he still truly a human?

What is a human? (manga spoilers do not click) A miserable little pile of secrets.

Dessel posted:

But at some point you're losing what it means to be human and that is the same as killing them off.

But seriously, gently caress that noise. If I had the choice between being a neanderthal or a modern human I'd happily become a modern human, even if that did mean killing off neanderthals. So long as actions continue to be taken in the best interest of humanity/those who were originally human, all is well.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Bistromatic posted:

For the technologies that don't alter the self it's even more clear-cut. Would you really be able to tell a bunch of people "Sorry, you can't have a wam-powered desalination plant. My sense of authenticity is more important that you having food and water"?

Precisely. My only concerns with Wam are security (Can these things explode, power weapons?) and economic (Energy generation no longer a source of income will kill countries). Likewise with the Sansa, employee protections are going to be much more important, and wars are going to be far more hellish with no soldiers or workers needing to sleep.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Yeah, this is a show that held the highest potential and squandered literally all of it. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Kado is a great first half and terrible second half. Never seen such a tremendous fall in quality before. Real shame, since visually it was 100% fine, it's entirely the writing that just kinda gave up.

• Locked thread