Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Please, these dudes managed to consume all the information (information locusts!) generated in a 37-dimensions universe but somehow are interested in a 3-dimensional one. I mean, I guess they are really bored but this is the equivalent of them being really into playing Pong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But having the perfect yamato nadeshiko be an anisotropic waifu was the worst part.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

brainwrinkle posted:

Kado is a strange show. The only Right Answer is to not watch it.

I truly have no idea how it got financed.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

There Bias Two posted:

Why would the anisotropic devices stop working without kado? The whole point was that ZaShunina revealed underlying principles of physics that allowed them to take advantage of the devices.

Actually, of all the bullshit in the show, that's about the only thing that make sense. Kado was the link between the two realms, without a device like it humanity cannot reach the anisotropic (and viceversa)

But drat, that was one heck of a lovely show.

RottenK posted:

For some reason I glossed over it while watching but jesus Hanamori got it bad. The man he loved had a child with another person, left him to raise the child for 16 years in isolation from the rest of the world and then died. This is awful.

Poor guy deserved better. And IMO the same goes for the alien, he was bonkers and dangerous but the ending still felt too cruel.

Don't forget that he also gets crap from people younger than him, that his daughter disappears, and that he probably is going back to work the next day.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 2, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I am not expert in fregogenomics but the daughter rear end-pull is one of the dumbest things I've seen for an anime ending, which is quite the honor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RottenK posted:

potential unfulfilled hurts more than outright badness

Please stop talking about Macross Delta. It still hurts.

• Locked thread