Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

it's cool how germany, because they're so concerned about public safety, shut down all their nuclear plants and replaced them with coal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Nuclear power isn't really economically feasible in the mega long term time horizon needed for a utility to recoup billions of dollars to build one in the US. Not unless they get way cheaper to build, a large part of which generally means loosening regulation. And most people/politicians are usually in favor of regulations for nuclear power.

look at this guy who thinks electricity generation should be for-profit

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

do we have an actual honest to god primitivist itt

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

crazy cloud posted:

i'd like to die of radiation-related illness after the local nuclear power plant goes chernobyl because all the homer simpson rear end STEM fratboys at the plant were too hungover from the office christmas party the night before and were too hungover to prevent it. at least, I will say with my last breath and an ear-to-ear satisfied grin, everyone was able to fully charge their iphone anytime they wanted

you probably shouldn't leave the house either

lots of bad things have happened when people were outside the home, historically

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

it's going to be p. funny if jill stein was right and we all get wifi brain cancer

• Locked thread