Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Nevvy Z posted:

Does anyone find that when they say good things about nuclear power, people into renewables get really agitated? Like they know that this cool new technology could save us all from climate change and they know they are utterly failing to pull it off and it's killing them.

sometimes but more often they agree ime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

what would happen to the cost of solar if you regulated it til it killed less people per kwh than nuclear

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

moving magnets near spools of copper wire is counterrevolutionary

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

*dismounts horse* sorry what was that? *inserts ear trumpet*

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

crazy cloud posted:

i'd like to die of radiation-related illness after the local nuclear power plant goes chernobyl because all the homer simpson rear end STEM fratboys at the plant were too hungover from the office christmas party the night before and were too hungover to prevent it. at least, I will say with my last breath and an ear-to-ear satisfied grin, everyone was able to fully charge their iphone anytime they wanted

this might be a valid concern if they melted down say, as often as cspam posters. fortunately, you are more likely to die falling off a roof trying to put a solar panel on it than inhaling nuclear radiohell particles and melting into a neon green pool

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

I'd like to die of fire-related full body burns after the local campfire goes peshtigo because all the fred flinstone rear end STEM fratboys at the camp were too hungover from the tribe feast the night before and were too lethargic to prevent it, i will say with my last breath and an ear-to-ear-satisfied grin, everyone was able to eat cooked food anytime they wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

there was another insane nuclear power idea / "design study" i forgot the name of where you basically make a huge underground cavern lined with concrete and fill it part way with water, then you detonate your old / left over nuclear bombs in it repeatedly and use the generated steam and heat to spin turbines

• Locked thread