Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

deadgoon posted:

holy poo poo

why don't we put solar panels

on the sun

they would block out all the sunlight and then no plants would grow on the whole planet earth. rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
nukes are for cucks

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

wizard on a water slide posted:

the trix rabbit has gotten weird in his age

he's been malnourished because the dickhead kids won't let him have any fucken breakfast

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

deadgoon posted:

grow the weed, on the sun

i think the DEA would notice if you tried this !!! they can tell if you have lots of grow lights by infrared scanning your house. they're gonna be able to tell if you're growing weed on the sun dude. stay safe spacegardenerghost

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

deadgoon posted:

we've never sent a cop to space! you can do anything up there. drink piss. collaborate with russians. anything.

tempting and persuasive

but jefferson davis beauregard sessions: with a vengeance, is AG and within 6 years the militarization of city police departments will have progressed into each having their own city air force and city version of nasa, big-league

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
return on investment is a garbage metric

my return on investment on the food I buy is zero because I just flush away my dumps and I never see a dime back so maybe i should stop buying food if I really want to maximize my roi

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
not all energy infrastructures are equally cool and good and nuke plants are bad, they're just bad. lol if u can't see that they're obviously bad. don't build a thing that shits radiation into the ocean if there happens to be an earthquake. double don't build it in a land of freakin earthquakes and poo poo. i don't even know where to start with how bad nuclear power plants are unless they're the fusion plants from simcity2000. literally the only good thing about them is that after you spend a gorillian dollars making one you make some money back i guess? great

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Corky Romanovsky posted:

not as bad as your posts

turn on your monitor

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Corky Romanovsky posted:

It's night time and the local renewable power storage has already been depleted, turning on my monitor would spool up a coal fire and accelerate climate change.

I'd rather have a slightly irradiated planet than a complete collapse of civilization as we know it.

I'd rather have the complete collapse of civilization as we know it, but with president donalb josef trimp we will probably both get what we want

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao How Is Nuclear Power Even Real Neoliberal Like Just Use Less Electricity Like Turn Off Your Television Hahahaha

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
stop loving with atoms the audacity of you fuckers

we could be drinking filtered river water and communing with nature in a Pan-worshipping state of Edenistic Hedonistic Utopia but you need to build nuclear reactors to charge your iphones?

you're sick in the loving head all of you electrocucks

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

An economy with a jeb!/low-energy consumption has a real world cost on the lives of real human beings, and that cost is high. It is not simply the loss of luxury products, which one could presumably overcome through a more austere lifestyle. It represents more serious malaise. Econonic uncertainity, job losses and unemployment, economic dysfunction, and the myriad of social ills that flow from those causes, both minor and major: crime, violence, instability, etc.

There is therefore no other option but to gently caress with atoms, and more generally act with audacity. The state of edenic hedonism you desire has never existed before in human history, and the only possibility for its real world manifestation lies through further economic and technological development and exploitation, not by the rejection of that stuff.

it's a cool argument but it kind of seems like you just started from its conclusion and bullshitted back to premises that do not hold i m o :|

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
i don't believe in 'more serious malaise' as a concept, for one;

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

I got triggered by 'electrocuck'

extremely keep Summer safe Rick's spaceship voice]: "muh electrons, irradiate the world because i must have my cheap electrons" that's you, you that's what you sound like

i'm just playin i'm not anti nuclear power plant it's just an obviously fuckin dumb idea but go nuts i guess roll the dice and build the fucken things :patriot:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Badger of Basra posted:

do we have an actual honest to god primitivist itt

:drac:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
do we seriously have a calf here who is not taking for granted that we should all obviously perpetuate the endless mindless stampede, asks cattle unable to conceptualize anything but spriting itself to death

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
i'd like to die of radiation-related illness after the local nuclear power plant goes chernobyl because all the homer simpson rear end STEM fratboys at the plant were too hungover from the office christmas party the night before and were too hungover to prevent it. at least, I will say with my last breath and an ear-to-ear satisfied grin, everyone was able to fully charge their iphone anytime they wanted

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Badger of Basra posted:

you probably shouldn't leave the house either

lots of bad things have happened when people were outside the home, historically

way ahead of you friend but thank you for the good suggestion

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Dairy Days posted:

this might be a valid concern if they melted down say, as often as cspam posters. fortunately, you are more likely to die falling off a roof trying to put a solar panel on it than inhaling nuclear radiohell particles and melting into a neon green pool

i don't give one hot gay gently caress if how or when i die so the specific probabilities involved aren't super interesting to me :buddy:

the construction of the plants is electricity addict behavior on a societal scale and also partially attributable to capitalism requiring ever-increasing quarterly revenues and electricity being useful to make the numbers go up

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

brugroffil posted:

you get more dosage flying on an airplane than walking around a nuclear plant

neoliberal what in the heck are you flying on an airplane for just don't fly on an airplane.. like hello

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Not a Step posted:

Your body is being filled with radio waves from cellphones, wi-fi, and radios on a constant basis. The only protection is to wrap your head, and any other part of your body you want to keep safe from the deadly radiation, in tin foil and coat your walls with a lead based paint. Also turn *off* your monitor, because its filling you with electrons at this very moment.

Stay safe luddite ghost

this is projection, you'd like to attack me for being electron-averse to allow yourself to redirect away from your own electron-dependency

again I don't care about safety at all I don't think the underlying motives are healthy, relative safety of building nuclear plants aside

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
or

OR

or maybe there's a lot of problematic electrotypicals around itt

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Kaczynski had some good ideas