Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Baloogan posted:

i like nuclear power and thers like lots of uranium in the sea and its not hard to centrifuge the uranium out because its so heavy and also u can make fresh water from the salt water and irrigate the planet

I've often considered that NK or Pakistan or somewhere should do this and make a lot of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

brugroffil posted:

I like nuclear from a technical standpoint, but economically it sucks balls and "short term" is like 15 years and about $10B from "hey lets build a plant" to generating power.

If only there were things we could do collectively as a society to change any of that.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Does anyone find that when they say good things about nuclear power, people into renewables get really agitated? Like they know that this cool new technology could save us all from climate change and they know they are utterly failing to pull it off and it's killing them.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
He's just restating the classic "moving away from subsistence lifestyle allows some people to pursue other activities than spending all their time just feeding themselves" type deal but he tried to be poetic about it and hosed it all up.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The deaths /twh is really the only thing anyone should need to look at before we just turn off all the coal plants. Why are people so loving dumb?

Also, lol just throw that spent poo poo in the ocean wtf.

https://what-if.xkcd.com/29/

• Locked thread