Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

NUKES!

*click*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

not all energy infrastructures are equally cool and good and nuke plants are bad, they're just bad. lol if u can't see that they're obviously bad. don't build a thing that shits radiation into the ocean if there happens to be an earthquake. double don't build it in a land of freakin earthquakes and poo poo. i don't even know where to start with how bad nuclear power plants are unless they're the fusion plants from simcity2000. literally the only good thing about them is that after you spend a gorillian dollars making one you make some money back i guess? great

We just recently had a coal tailings dam spill over into the neighbouring wetland because of increased rainfall from a nearby hurricane (In a region well known for hurricanes). The government is offering the same company a billion dollar loan to open a coal mine. People freak out about nuclear, but no one bats an eyelid at this poo poo. Oh yeah and this port is right next to the Great Barrier Reef.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

TheDon01 posted:

However, this approach was abandoned for a number of technical reasons.

Hmm, I wonder why 🤔

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The Cola War has gone too far.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Orb-Bed Reactor looking good

• Locked thread