Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

sorry but the simpsons made liberals think nuclear power is bad so now we dont get to use it

while missing the fact that it depicted a public utility in the hands of private enterprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Calibanibal posted:

not content with destroying europe, the jew, the euro and the EU, germany now sets its sights on mother earth herself

if only they would set their sights on austerity

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

whomupclicklike posted:

I would be pro nuclear power if I trusted the people who worked in the field more

i trust the workers, but not capital

the us navy provides an excellent example of how safe nuclear power can be in the hands of public servants; if you can maintain a perfect safety record for reactors in loving submarines you can do it on land in normal buildings

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

crazy cloud posted:

not all energy infrastructures are equally cool and good and nuke plants are bad, they're just bad. lol if u can't see that they're obviously bad. don't build a thing that shits radiation into the ocean if there happens to be an earthquake. double don't build it in a land of freakin earthquakes and poo poo. i don't even know where to start with how bad nuclear power plants are unless they're the fusion plants from simcity2000. literally the only good thing about them is that after you spend a gorillian dollars making one you make some money back i guess? great

Build them in geologically stable places.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What kind of idiot builds a nuke plant on a tsunami ravaged coastline anyway

japan has a distinct problem in that they can't really just built on the mainland because korea and china hate them

as i understand it, even fukashima would have been fine if it weren't for some dumb cost-cutting

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 07:46 on Apr 26, 2017

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Corky Romanovsky posted:

*wipes brow* now that we have crazy cloud's blessing...

future generations will look back at this as the turning point

and dream of a time before the coming of the plutonium lizards

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
i hope to die at the ripe age of 99 when an electric truck carrying organic fair trade coffee strikes me during my afternoon stroll

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Nebakenezzer posted:

That's true

Sun? Not in my backyard!

the left blames carbon dioxide for global warming, while planning to harvest energy from the true culprit- the SUN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
i say we nuke the sun, show it who's boss around here :clint:

• Locked thread