Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Comets has one "m", op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

wizard on a water slide posted:

Comets has one "m", op.

interesting, but have you considered: comments has one 'n'

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Baloogan posted:

whats the alternative? increasing shareholder value?

The alternative would be not to make earth inhospitable which is a lot easier than terraforming mars.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

we all go to space when we die

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

well ok the bad people dont

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Peanut President posted:

The alternative would be not to make earth inhospitable which is a lot easier than terraforming mars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_YXSHkAahE

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we're supposed to gently caress up earth
we can go gently caress up other planets! we only need a push

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Baloogan posted:

we're supposed to gently caress up earth
we can go gently caress up other planets! we only need a push

so basically how viruses propagates? :q:

host planet explodes, sends fragments of meat pods crashing into other planets to inhabit, reproduce and do it allover again :unsmigghh:

let me tell you about panspermia~

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

that loving dork is wrong

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

There's a lot of work that could be done which doesn't involve any kind of physical labor.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lol if you aren't going to immediately pack up on a nauvoo-class ship full of gay space communism

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
imo all the 'real work' should be mostly done by computers, but i think the peeps on the ship should have to farm stuff, like, in fields for big chunks of their day just to have something to do.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I gotta start watching The Expanse.

Baloogan posted:

imo all the 'real work' should be mostly done by computers, but i think the peeps on the ship should have to farm stuff, like, in fields for big chunks of their day just to have something to do.

in the future there will be video games

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

in the future there will be video games
put this on my tombstone

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I gotta start watching The Expanse.

The expanse is very bad...A major character arc revolves around a fedora

But also quite good....when the show focuses on space politics

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I was sold on the Mormon ark ship.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress farming, let the robots handle that dumb poo poo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The Puppet Master posted:

rude

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Hi, I'm a big ideas guy, lets build a spaceship, then put dirt in the spaceship, then make people dig around in said dirt, in space

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

whats that? you spend all day working in the fields? heh why dont you buy a copy of street fighter and get a real job

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

The Puppet Master posted:

Excuse me, the fedora establishes the genre as "Space Noir" and thus is a critical element of the show

Like I don't even know what you're talking about right now

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

Hi, I'm a big ideas guy, lets build a spaceship, then put dirt in the spaceship, then make people dig around in said dirt, in space

yeah, otherwise im just gonna put em on the spaceship in fertilized ova form

im actually kinda thinking the farmers don't even know they are on a space ship.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i want to avoid discontinuities in like, humanity

maybe some brainiacs frozen for the trip and like, The Top Sperm of Cum Town stored in vats.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wtf would peeps on a generation ship even DO aside from living and breathing and loving?

if you let them know wtf is going on the next generation would be pretty pissed off at their parents

but if its like "whoah the universe is 12 miles long, cylindircal" and they are like, farming with cows

aliens would be like 0_0 if they encountered these ships which i think is hilarious

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
USS Pol Pot

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This isn't a vision this a fever dream.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This isn't a vision this a fever dream.

fresh and clear as a mountain stream

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Culture still continues on the ark ships, so it's not like people need a menial task to keep from going crazy tilling the soil. There's a limitless capacity for human creativity.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

they can read technical manuals (the bible)

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
This can all come true but only if we vote...

For JEB!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i wanna write a sci fi short story about jeb; hes some sort of low energy space adventurer in the space cadets and cadet trump is bullying him

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and like you know these sorts of stories end with like, the jeb winning and either defeating the bully or like, becoming friends with the bully in this short story jeb just gets owned over and over again without catharsis

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
He gets left out in space and everyone forgets he's there

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
In space he can't even hear us clap :(

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
baloogan play some rimworld and sort yerself out lad

theres something called uhhh

hydroponics

i think its like high techy and stuff like the martian where matt damon did a poo and made things grow out of his poo u can do that too knock yerself out imo

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i have a grand vision too, check it out:

1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John (thats me), 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
4 John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen. 7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”So shall it be! Amen. 8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”wow this is really long. pm me for more

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Baloogan posted:

wtf would peeps on a generation ship even DO aside from living and breathing and loving?

if you let them know wtf is going on the next generation would be pretty pissed off at their parents

but if its like "whoah the universe is 12 miles long, cylindircal" and they are like, farming with cows

aliens would be like 0_0 if they encountered these ships which i think is hilarious

there are a bunch of neat novels and short stories based on life on generation ships, like what happens if one of the middle generations whose only purpose is to reproduce and die thinks that's stupid and fucks the whole thing up? or the trip is so long that people forget what their mission is and knowledge is lost to the degree they think their whole universe is actually just their ship and they wouldn't know what to do on arrival anyway? getting people together for any kind of collective mission is always gonna go bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

maybe some brainiacs frozen for the trip and like, The Top Sperm of Cum Town stored in vats.

how much frozen trump seprm u got???

• Locked thread