Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

What I find most interesting about the reveal that Chris = Charioce is that the king is strong enough to wrestle a dragon. There are secrets left to reveal in this man's past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Welp, Day of Victory, I'm sure Azazel's plan will go without a hitch since this is a 7 episode series after all

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fangz posted:

Welp, Day of Victory, I'm sure Azazel's plan will go without a hitch since this is a 7 episode series after all

I expect they'll be leaving the city in the next episode or two.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm gonna have to disagree, Nina being a turbo dork is the best thing. :kimchi:

:blush: I see. Very well. :blush:

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
This "reveal" is weird to me because the moment he appeared in disguise earlier I was like "Why don't they recognize their own king in glasses and a hat?" and that convinced me it must be a different character who happens to look the same. Like a secret twin or whatever :v:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It's just a regular case of Clark Kent syndrome.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
no one expects the king to look like that much of a fuccboi in his stupid headwear and glasses

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
And let's be honest, how many of them have seen King Charioce up close?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Do we know how long he's been king for? Most people probably only have a vague idea of what he looks like, and his most distinctive feature (the split eyebrows) are mostly hidden by his head wrap thing.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

His appearance would only be really well known if there are sculptures, artwork and such nearby, and even then, people in real life sometimes have difficulty recognizing others that they see in media. It isn't like they have a jumbotron to see him during large gatherings. I'm pretty sure we've only seen him armoured when traveling the city sans when he's doing a Clark Kent. It's no real surprise that most of the common people won't recognise him.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's on banners and stuff around the city but he's wearing a helmet on them. I guess he might keep his face covered in public appearances or something so he can go dick around incognito

tho if someone like kaiser or one of his knights can't figure it out, they're an idiot

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I can imagine Kaiser being dumb enough to not figure it out, if I'm being honest here.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eh, he figured out the rag man right away and that was definitely a better disguise than the king's

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
The dancing scene was really good, couldn't tell which parts were cg at first glance

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Manatee Cannon posted:

eh, he figured out the rag man right away and that was definitely a better disguise than the king's

I was dumb enough to not figure out the king until it was revealed, but the moment the rag demon showed up I instantly recognized him.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
binged through season one and two the other night while I couldn't sleep. It was really a fun adventure, and well animated to a point it made me overlook flaws and tropes that would usually nag me. I'm still left wondering if we'll ever see more of Lucifer, Azazel's brother, since he kinda got cut from season 1. All in all good show and I like season 2 more so far. The recent dance part was well done and lovely.

On season one: I felt so vindicated when I guessed the bad guy was Gille de Ray. For some reason medieval anime have such a boner for that horrible person. I guess it's as close you can come to a real life evil for the sake of evil type guy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Xinder posted:

I was dumb enough to not figure out the king until it was revealed, but the moment the rag demon showed up I instantly recognized him.

I legit don't understand how that's possible

even if they didn't like identical, there was the ring that was obviously the king's that he used to enter the arm wrestling thing

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Manatee Cannon posted:

I legit don't understand how that's possible

even if they didn't like identical, there was the ring that was obviously the king's that he used to enter the arm wrestling thing

i dunno i just assumed it was some other royalty character we'd be introduced to later. i didn't remember the king actually wearing that ring and i figured with the whole "capital being blown up 10 years ago" some nobility fled the city and were just coming back.

obviously i was wrong.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Maybe I'm a dummy but I didn't catch on that he was the king until this episode.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Nitrousoxide posted:

Maybe I'm a dummy but I didn't catch on that he was the king until this episode.

Yeah, same here. I am not normally one of the TVIV faceblind goons, I just associated him as some random newcomer who came out of the Free! ED.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I saw through his disguise immediately, considering I am one to assume possible connections/plot threads until/unless proven otherwise in canon.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I mean he's literally the same guy except wearing glasses and he handed over a ring with "yes hello I am the king" inscribed on it.

It wasn't exactly hidden.

e: Nina has that ring now, so I guess they are destined to get married.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Darox posted:

Nina is destined to marryall the boys.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

a kitten posted:

Nina is destined to marryall the boys.
Do dragon shifters give birth or lay eggs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Do dragon shifters give birth or lay eggs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

Azazel will lay the eggs

in Charioce's brain

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Darox posted:

I mean he's literally the same guy except wearing glasses and he handed over a ring with "yes hello I am the king" inscribed on it.

It wasn't exactly hidden.

He didn't say very much at first either, but he still had the same voice actor too.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Not a whole lot happened in this episode and I'm not sure why. We knew what was going to happen and it took forever getting to that point.
Best moment was definitely Azazel aggressively hugging Nina and getting thrown into the wall.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

.....D-did Bacchus just sober up?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Maera Sior posted:

Not a whole lot happened in this episode and I'm not sure why. We knew what was going to happen and it took forever getting to that point.
Best moment was definitely Azazel aggressively hugging Nina and getting thrown into the wall.
It's 24 episodes, so there's going to be some slow parts

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I for one can't believe Azazel's foolproof plan failed to come together.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I can't recall the last time I had such a good laugh at a next episode title as next weeks directly after this one.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Overlord K posted:

I can't recall the last time I had such a good laugh at a next episode title as next weeks directly after this one.

That said, if it follows the same pattern, Charioce gonna get hosed up six ways to Sunday.

I did like how Azazel's characterisation has changed so little since the first season - he's still imperious, vicious, and easily played by people smarter than him - and now that he's been required to actually become a hero, he's turned out to be so manifestly unfit for the task that he's basically self-destructed. I mean, technically, he's not directly facing the consequences of all the awful poo poo he did in the first season, but he's facing the consequences of his actions being used to justify the slavery and genocide of his people, and the consequences of still being that person. It's a clever way to do things, and I'd guess that now he's been brought to his lowest point, we'll be looking at his slow, messy rebirth as an actual hero.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I need a gif of Azazel realizing she won't transform.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That face you make when you realize all your friends are going to die horribly because you can't turn a girl on

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sindai posted:

That face you make when you realize all your friends are going to die horribly because you can't turn a girl on

It's the perfect combination of emasculation, confusion and terror.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Most gruesome PSA on informed consent since Teeth.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

i love her

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

HOT DOOG

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FAVAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I was waiting for him to show up in the tower. Goofy afro face did not disappoint. I really can't wait to see more next week.

• Locked thread