Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Grouchio posted:

FAVAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was nice to see kaiser casually kick the poo poo out of the king and azazel at the same time. also,

Grouchio posted:

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
If the post-credit eyecatch screen for next week's episode doesn't have Favaro saying FAVA FAVA FAVA SOUL, I'm dropping this

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

it was nice to see kaiser casually kick the poo poo out of the king and azazel at the same time. also,

That three way fight they had going on was pretty great. Confused how FAAAAAVAROOOOOO was Nina's mentor fairly recently if he's been locked up for what looks like a while. Didn't she say he told her to make contact with Bacchus right before she went to the capital?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

How is it that even an episode with a lot of still shots and talking still feels like it's only lasts 10 minutes?
So, next episode is either the jailbreak (Nina and Jean in the cart as seen in the trailer) or Favaro's story with a setup for the jailbreak.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, I was amazed at how fast I accidentally ended up bingeing through all the episodes. I haven't watched anime in years but someone introduced this to me and I'm really digging it. Might catch Genesis next.

I'm also happy they aren't giving Azazel an ounce of sympathy here. They could have tried to make him an angsty character for Nina to fawn over but the show seems committed to holding his feet to the fire for all the dumb poo poo that he does. Hope they keep that up.

Also I think he looks ugly. His purple lips make him look like Grimice and Drizzt Do'Urden's love child or something.

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Grouchio posted:

I was enjoying the characters we had so far, but it was good to see that 'fro in a cell!

There are many things to like about this series, but one of my favourites are the silly next episode previews. I'm glad they're still doing those. Anyways, looking forward to the new episode tomorrow. Big prison break? Character backstories?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Beach episode, somehow.

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
Nina would not survive a beach episode! Clearly, it's going to be a school club day.

When she realizes who "Chris" is, is she going to immediately turn into a dragon out of embarrassment?

Is there no new episode today?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I never realized how much I missed Favaro until he was back.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Nina is such a good girl.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I really do regret catching up. Every episode feels so short and the wait feels so long in comparison.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
How dare they shave Favaro's head :qq:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was such a good episode. Her optimism is infectious.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Guys, I'm not sure Nina knows what a prison is...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dzhay posted:

Guys, I'm not sure Nina knows what a prison is...

I love how she paid zero mind whatsoever to her ball and chain. It was basically just an ankle bracelet for her.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The only reason she hasn't walked out yet is that she doesn't realize she's not going to get paid for all this work.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 3, 2017

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Nina is truly the perfect protagonist, it's wonderful.

Also I'm glad Cerberus is enjoying her new job at Demon Hooters.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

madmac posted:

Nina is truly the perfect protagonist, it's wonderful.

Also I'm glad Cerberus is enjoying her new job at Demon Hooters.

Hooters is a brothel?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
why was favaro mistreated by the king

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Envy? Favaro was the real hero.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
He wishes he had that hair.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Potentially the King blamed him for the release of Bahamut in the first place, since it's possible nothing would have happened if he never helped Amira.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one seemed to know that kaisar was one of the guys who beat bahamut. he was perfectly content to be a humble knight, but favaro might not be so inclined to keep his mouth shut.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I mean, I originally thought that but we'd have probably seen Favaro brag about it in dragon village. Or maybe not, I guess. Bahamut is a dragon.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is there no episode this week?

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Is there no episode this week?

There is. It's dark af

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Webcormac McCarthy posted:

There is. It's dark af
I concur.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

snip snip

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was painful to watch.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I felt like I was rewatching the ending to Drakengard 2.

Or Re Zero episode 15.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Has Mugaro not washed his blood-soaked hair in about 5 years? The kid must stink.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I would have been irritated that it wasn't not the jailbreak episode except that it actually filled in stuff we needed to see.
So, is Mugaro/El the reincarnation of Michael?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I was disappointed Nina didn't immediately break the door to her cell after realizing they needed to escape.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I think I need to wait and binge watch all the episodes. Ever episode feels like 5 minutes not 20 and I want more. Huge props for pacing and story knocking it out of the park here. I feel like there has been little filler so far although that might just be because I find the setting and themes really interesting and might feel different on a rewatch.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dzhay posted:

Has Mugaro not washed his blood-soaked hair in about 5 years? The kid must stink.

maybe mugaro's hair is just really easy to dye. careful not to spill your orange juice on his head or else he'll become a walking tangerine

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
demon blood prob does something funky to angels

this was prob the best ep thus far

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That episode was pretty heavy. It also still managed to go by in what felt like only five minutes. I'll admit, I was also disappointed at the start when I realised it wasn't the prison break episode, but I'm glad that's next week and that we got this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
That was real great poo poo. The episode really managed to show the depths of Jeanne's heroism, and was also pretty as hell - that shot of soldiers on wyverns dropping flares, for instance, was stunning.

• Locked thread