Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
This show is strange. It's got a great cast & beautiful action & animation, but compared to last season, it just feels... slow.

Luckily, I have a solution.
1. Favaro's hair should be bigger and redder.

2. Whenever Favaro's not on the screen, the other characters should shout "FAVAROOOOO"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

There Bias Two posted:

It probably has a lot to do with the fact that there isn't much of an adventure going on. The characters are all rooted in one spot for the most part.

There you have it. That's funny, it seems like such an obvious thing once you point it out.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Finally caught up. It's a shame Charioce is such a dick because he and Nina are so cute together. I rarely give a poo poo about romance stuff but they did a great job of giving that couple chemistry.

Speaking of which, Kaisar and Favaro are such a great odd couple. The easy friendship they have in this season is sold so well. It's cool to watch grown-man confident badass Favaro. I think the scene where he decked Charioce is the best little moment in a show full of great little moments.

I've been up and down on this season but overall I'm positive.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sindai posted:

I mean, his hand only got better after dying, imagine how much better the rest of him will be!

I miss Rita doing stuff more often because it's always gross and good.

I enjoy that it's kind of sparse. It makes every time she does solve a problem so fun.

There Bias Two posted:

I feel like the plot and characterization is falling really flat here in the final stretch, but I'll be damned if it isn't well executed and entertaining anyway. The show is just fun to watch, regardless of what's happening and I think that has a lot of merit in itself.
:agreed:

I think a lot of it is this: the animation is fantastic. They really small movements of the body, especially the eyes and face. EG: When Favaro is looking at Kaisar's mangled body, he looks so... old. Even if the plot goes off the rails, you can always empathize with the characters - they feel like people, no matter how weird or contrived the situations get.

I love Kaisar & hope he finds a way to live through this, but I think it might really be the end for him. :rip:, you were too pure (and dumb) for this world

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
What a mess.This show is capable of being great. There were great individual episodes. What happened?

Despite it all, I still want to see the continuing adventures of Favaro, Rita, and Z-Kaisar.

• Locked thread