Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I enjoyed this episode, but I felt kind of tired of all the 5 second long shots of Nina blushing. They've already established that she's bashful around men and gets embarrassed easily, so it seems like a waste of time to keep showing it again and again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm predicting that she'll be unable to transform in the next episode because of her crush on Charioce/Chris.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fangz posted:

Welp, Day of Victory, I'm sure Azazel's plan will go without a hitch since this is a 7 episode series after all

I expect they'll be leaving the city in the next episode or two.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sindai posted:

That face you make when you realize all your friends are going to die horribly because you can't turn a girl on

It's the perfect combination of emasculation, confusion and terror.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was such a good episode. Her optimism is infectious.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dzhay posted:

Guys, I'm not sure Nina knows what a prison is...

I love how she paid zero mind whatsoever to her ball and chain. It was basically just an ankle bracelet for her.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

madmac posted:

Nina is truly the perfect protagonist, it's wonderful.

Also I'm glad Cerberus is enjoying her new job at Demon Hooters.

Hooters is a brothel?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was painful to watch.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

Unusually ugly episode this time. Hopefully, it was just because it didn't really need to be as pretty as usual, and they decided to give the staff a bit of a break.

It's unfair to call it ugly just because it isn't as incredibly fantastic as usual.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The physical comedy/slapstick in this show is fantastic. I can't think of any other anime that does it quite so well.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Homura and Sickle posted:

my biggest question about the show is what the gently caress is the hairy guy in the ED. ED shows nina, hamza, rockey or whatever the hand is called and a little hairy guy. who is he!

Didn't she have a stuffed animal in the carriage?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Holy poo poo that was an amazing episode. The direction was absolutely fantastic. One of my favorites of any show lately.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Are we expecting the half-demon girl from last season to pop up? I forget her name. In fact, I forget most of last season, but the plot is irrelevant to my enjoyment of this show.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Manatee Cannon posted:

nina is gonna be the bahamut

amira is dead isn't she. legit don't know what happened with her at the end of last season

I think her fate was left open.

Also, does the game have lore that fills in more of the story gaps?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

an actual dog posted:

Really distressed that the hairball in the first ED wasn't Favaro's shaved afro.

How do you know?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

an actual dog posted:

I mean, the pet thing they showed today could be a shaved afro, but it seems unlikely lol

Wait there's a new ep?! ahh

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So El is going to turn out to be an arrogant little brat?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This was an absolutely gorgeous episode. I wonder if the King plans on using her to accomplish his goal, or if he is genuinely torn over it.

I suspect he might be trying to break into the afterlife somehow and recover his mother.

The realm of the gods doesn't really seem like the place where souls go after death.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

I reckon that the guard captain with the blackened face is the real power behind the throne, and Charioce is just in too deep and is way too hooked on the promise Singeface has offered him to back out despite the fact that the people he's thrown his lot in with are clearly awful. Unless I'm mistaken, most of his serious dick moves have been when Singeface was nearby, haven't they? It would certainly explain the vast disconnect between Charioce and Chris, if he's only operating as a tyrant because someone else has him by the balls.

That's an interesting theory, but it seems odd that Charioce would bother giving him orders to keep up appearances even when they were alone together.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

I think it's more that if this wasn't his idea in he first place, and if the reward he's been promised is sweet enough, he may have been tempted in until the sunk-cost fallacy made it impossible for him to pull out. Nina is offering him an escape route that lets him not do things he secretly regrets.

It doesn't work that way. Genocide and mass enslavement isn't something you can dip your toe into and slowly wade in.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rangpur posted:

I finished the first season of this. Still not sure where the card game part entered into it, but it was way better than I expected.

This new one still holding up?

It's just as good if not better.

The card game has nothing to do with the show really.

They just took the setting and ran off in a better direction with it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maybe he's just really into dragons.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wasn't expecting them to hire a demon to handle the dragon.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Grouchio posted:

Have I missed much since episode 13? At all?

This isn't the kind of show that is slow and plodding. Each episode has significant developments.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sindai posted:

Maybe he meant to post in the Re:Creators thread

Is it still bad? I stopped watching a few episodes in.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Relin posted:

this show should really have been 13 episodes.

What's wrong with the pacing? It doesn't feel drawn out to me.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Eela6 posted:

This show is strange. It's got a great cast & beautiful action & animation, but compared to last season, it just feels... slow.

Luckily, I have a solution.
1. Favaro's hair should be bigger and redder.

2. Whenever Favaro's not on the screen, the other characters should shout "FAVAROOOOO"

It probably has a lot to do with the fact that there isn't much of an adventure going on. The characters are all rooted in one spot for the most part.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Eela6 posted:

There you have it. That's funny, it seems like such an obvious thing once you point it out.

I was kind of hoping they'd eventually leave the city and go elsewhere once the king's motivations became clear, but that hasn't really happened. The dragonfolk village was lively, but the demons are shacked up in a dark hole somewhere and most of the land of the gods is empty now.

This particular tale doesn't take advantage of the vibrant setting as much as the previous one.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The latest episode raises far, far more questions than it answers. Also,

Bahamut CGI sticks out like a sore thumb

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maera Sior posted:

So we know why Charioce built the giant hand-gun thing, but do we know why he attacked the gods/angels and enslaved the demons?

Yeah, none of that makes much sense.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I feel like the plot and characterization is falling really flat here in the final stretch, but I'll be damned if it isn't well executed and entertaining anyway. The show is just fun to watch, regardless of what's happening and I think that has a lot of merit in itself.

Also Rita is still the best.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was completely terrible. Hell, even Kaiser who apparently found peace in death, couldn't even have that.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nina posted:

Somehow all the characters just became super inconsistent as the season went on. It reeks of being made up on the fly. It's a shame because of the great production value.

I'm pretty sure they retconned all the evil poo poo Charioce got up to mid-season or something. I hate this

They must have had an issue with the writers. Everything else was fine, but something went horribly wrong with the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It's so weird that a show with so much obvious effort and love put into it just went to complete crap.

• Locked thread