Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I miss kaiser screaming favaro at the top of his lungs like 3 times per episode but this is still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's on banners and stuff around the city but he's wearing a helmet on them. I guess he might keep his face covered in public appearances or something so he can go dick around incognito

tho if someone like kaiser or one of his knights can't figure it out, they're an idiot

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eh, he figured out the rag man right away and that was definitely a better disguise than the king's

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Xinder posted:

I was dumb enough to not figure out the king until it was revealed, but the moment the rag demon showed up I instantly recognized him.

I legit don't understand how that's possible

even if they didn't like identical, there was the ring that was obviously the king's that he used to enter the arm wrestling thing

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was nice to see kaiser casually kick the poo poo out of the king and azazel at the same time. also,

Grouchio posted:

FAVAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dzhay posted:

Has Mugaro not washed his blood-soaked hair in about 5 years? The kid must stink.

maybe mugaro's hair is just really easy to dye. careful not to spill your orange juice on his head or else he'll become a walking tangerine

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nina's actually near sighted

our heroes visit an optician after escaping the dungeon. can they file nina's prescription before it's too late???

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

StarMinstrel posted:

I know the passed over the subject in the first season, but I forgot: what ever happened to Zeus and Satan? I remember they put all their energies into sealing Bahamut and then...?

they were the keys to sealing him weren't they?

like the two literal keys that were needed to unseal him

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

StarMinstrel posted:

I don't know, the show is still called BAHAMUT, and it's not like animes aren't known for their late plot zany twisty puppetmaster reveals.

nina is gonna be the bahamut

amira is dead isn't she. legit don't know what happened with her at the end of last season

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

one day you're making him wear cute dresses and the next he's stealing other people's dresses to wear

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that guy might have given charioce the idea and manipulated him to reaching this point (idk that I buy that tho), but even if he did I don't think he's the secret power behind anything. he'll probably go after nina now instead of doing something to charioce

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nina posted:

Charioce is super evil and he's just trickin'. That's my take and I loathe his character if that's not the case.

he's probably legit with nina tbh and, while I doubt they're gonna say everything he's done is good or the right choice, there's almost definitely gonna be something that justifies that robot hand thing he built. the handroid will fail tho and nina will turn into good bahamut and blow it up instead

he'll probably have some kind of out for the genocide/slavery thing so he can avoid total responsibility and have his redemption arc

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

punching the dragon seems like a good bet for what the power glove is for. it'd let what's her name from the first season come back too

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

azazel is seriously not any better

really whether anyone deserves to be redeemed is kinda beside the point. I think that's what'll happen either way with charioce

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea idk what was up with that. I figured he was a demon at first, but then he turned into a dragon. then azazel said he was a demon and idk

maybe he was half demon, half dragon like nina's half human

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he could have probably been explicit about the whole "bahamut isn't dead and will come back so let's kill it for real this time" thing and most people would have been pretty on board with it. killing and enslaving the demons is a point that only makes sense for azazel's character arc. it doesn't make any sense for charioce (he even played with those demon kids so he clearly doesn't hate them on general principle like he does bahamut). they'll need to explain that one away at some point but idk how they make him not seem like an rear end in a top hat about it

There Bias Two posted:

The latest episode raises far, far more questions than it answers. Also,

Bahamut CGI sticks out like a sore thumb

the cgi has always been insanely bad and obvious in this show. it's not as bad as first season bahamut tho because lol

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the demons in general are handled in a weird way. like in the first season, demons were pretty objectively evil in how the show portrayed them. always trying to attack the human settlements and azazel and cerberus were shown in a pretty negative light. now they're on the receiving end but there's zero introspection on their part about it. feels like they skipped a few steps here

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like kaiser and mugaro are both somehow gonna be alive at the end of this

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea they really dropped the ball on charioce hard

the final confrontation with bahamut was pretty disappointing as well

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Maera Sior posted:

Bah, what an ending. Anyone else get the sense that they only had this half-written before they started production?

I get the feeling that they didn't expect to get renewed for another season going in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

It's so weird that a show with so much obvious effort and love put into it just went to complete crap.

they put the exact same amount of effort into the story as they did the cgi

• Locked thread