Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Jumping in to say I binged the first season and caught up to the new one just yesterday. Shingeki no Bahamut is very good, and I'm looking forward to more thirsty dragon lady. I'm surprised this was based on a card videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I just cannot get enough of Nina's expressions.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I'm predicting that she'll be unable to transform in the next episode because of her crush on Charioce/Chris.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like Azazel had any effect on her anymore.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It's just a regular case of Clark Kent syndrome.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

His appearance would only be really well known if there are sculptures, artwork and such nearby, and even then, people in real life sometimes have difficulty recognizing others that they see in media. It isn't like they have a jumbotron to see him during large gatherings. I'm pretty sure we've only seen him armoured when traveling the city sans when he's doing a Clark Kent. It's no real surprise that most of the common people won't recognise him.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I can imagine Kaiser being dumb enough to not figure it out, if I'm being honest here.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Darox posted:

I mean he's literally the same guy except wearing glasses and he handed over a ring with "yes hello I am the king" inscribed on it.

It wasn't exactly hidden.

e: Nina has that ring now, so I guess they are destined to get married.

He didn't say very much at first either, but he still had the same voice actor too.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I was waiting for him to show up in the tower. Goofy afro face did not disappoint. I really can't wait to see more next week.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I really do regret catching up. Every episode feels so short and the wait feels so long in comparison.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Envy? Favaro was the real hero.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I mean, I originally thought that but we'd have probably seen Favaro brag about it in dragon village. Or maybe not, I guess. Bahamut is a dragon.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That episode was pretty heavy. It also still managed to go by in what felt like only five minutes. I'll admit, I was also disappointed at the start when I realised it wasn't the prison break episode, but I'm glad that's next week and that we got this.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm glad the main cast is finally together. I've been looking forward to this for weeks now.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It was also a nice and relaxing episode as well. I know the show does facial expressions pretty well, but I was surprised at the subtlety of a couple of them. Next up: the land of the gods. I'm looking forward to it.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I think he only had like one or two appearances in it. He wasn't incredibly important to the actual story, even though he had significance in the plot. I guess we'll be seeing more of him this time.

Also, I keep forgetting that the figure for the gods is Zeus.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

They grow up so fast.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Tune in and you, too, can find out what you missed these past three weeks!

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

This was a very good episode, and I really like where we're going. Though it does feel a little ominous too.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I suspect he might be trying to break into the afterlife somehow and recover his mother.

I don't know, my impression is that all of this is so that he can slay Bahamut. Invading the gods' and demons territories for relics to assemble that new weapon, enslaving demons for more resources (and to keep humanity's enemy at bay), and the recent comments about the seal all suggest that to me. It's clear that what he's doing is for the sake of his race and not himself; he's already made clear that he's willing to die for it (like when commenting on the risk of using the weapon again).

Sindai posted:

I think it's just that the black knights are fine with him being in charge as long as his philosophy aligns with theirs, and very willing to overthrow him if it doesn't.

Also, I think this is what's going on too.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm not sure if it's ever going to fully redeem him. The best treatment he'll probably get is dying as a consequence of what he's been doing. Virgin Soul hasn't exactly shied away from punishing Azazel for being a terrible person, despite the good cause. We've had lots of scenes about the duality of Charioce and I doubt the show is going to forget that just because we had some development in his relationship with Nina.

I mean, he did order her death shortly before spending a romantic evening flying on her back. There's no way that's not coming back.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I've missed this show. The characters never fail to put a smile on my face.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Well we know he attacked angels because they were the ones guarding the relics he needed. As for the demons, it was a party of them that caused Bahamut to return to begin with, and they were still humanity's enemy. I'm guessing it's got something to do with that.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure the show is still treating him as a villain as well. I agree on the point about the demons, too. Genocide is clearly wrong, especially with how it frames the demons this time around, but I can't help but think about how often demon genocide is treated as acceptable in other shows anyway. If the first season also managed to end with, "And thus, all the demons were vanquished!" would anyone have bat an eye? Demons make the subject matter real weird.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Oh yeah, and the first few episodes definitely make that clear. No matter how you look at it, Charioce is definitely a horrible person. Even if his end-goal is somewhat positive, the means is just utterly atrocious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Y'know, I'd be sort of okay with most of it if it weren't for that one scene proclaiming Charioce remained a King and a hero, and just outside are the demons being friendly and helping fix the city I'm assuming they're now going to live in. There's no resentment? They're okay with Charioce? Did he really have to stay as ruler in this ending? Dude's still a monster and I feel like the show forgot about that midway through. Hell, he was still presented as a villain a couple of episodes ago.

e: Part of me is still happy to see Kaiser still around in some form, at least. He deserves a better ending than dying to protect Charioce, despite the intentions he had.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 29, 2017

• Locked thread