Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

SA Oath Thread Season 8
Welcome to the Oath Thread, a place where we can all get together and paint our stuff!

Useful Links:

So, What’s this oathing thing about?
Simply put, each month participants will post an oath stating what they’re going to paint, and hopefully by the end of the month it’ll get done and we’ll all get to see a bunch of nifty painted minis! We’ve found it’s a great way to get motivated, regardless of whether you’re a veteran painter sitting on piles of unused plastic and metal, or a newbie just getting started with the hobby.
As we go along there are bonus monthly challenges designed to get people to experiment with new techniques or paint something you otherwise wouldn’t have gotten around to, plus a set of overall Achievements which can be earned any time.

How does oathing work?
Oathing is pretty simple. You just need a digital camera (ones built into modern phones are generally fine), a place to upload your pictures (like Imgur or similar), a computer screen showing the date (more on that later) and of course your models. You’ll then make an Oath post - this should be made during the current Oath month (e.g. for May's oath, post it during May):
  1. Set up your screen of choice to show the Current Time in American Samoa.
  2. Lay out your chosen miniatures around / in front of the screen. Miniatures may be assembled and undercoated (including zenithal priming) but otherwise painting must not have started on them.
  3. Take a picture of the lot! Make sure the screen is clearly visible (the important parts are the Date, Time and the American Samoa title) and that the miniatures are countable (it’s fine if they are a bit out of focus so long as we can match them with your oath). If you’re oathing a lot of stuff it’s fine to take multiple pictures.
  4. Post in this thread with your picture, the contents of your Oath and a sentence akin to ‘I, <username>, Oath to paint the following for <month>’. This post should be made within 3 days of the picture being taken, ideally on the same day.
  5. Optionally, let us know the manufacturer(s) and scale(s) of the miniatures you are painting. It's not needed but it can be interesting to see trends :)
That’s it! You’ve now made your oath, and can start painting. Usually within a few days to a week one of the management team will notice your Oath, add it to the Spreadsheet and post to approve your Oath, but you don’t need to wait for approval to get started.

Once you’ve finished painting your Oath, you’ll need to make a Completion post:
  1. Take a picture of your completed miniatures. It’s fine to take multiple pictures if you’re painting a bunch of stuff or just want to show it off from multiple angles.
  2. Make sure your forum name is clearly visible on the pictures - either you can include this when taking the picture (e.g. on a bit of paper or a screen in the background) or you can edit it onto the picture afterwards. Technically this is optional, but you’ll lose out on points and the pictures won’t get submitted to the Gallery.
  3. Post in this thread with your picture(s), the words ‘Oath Complete’, and any Achievements or Challenges you are claiming (see later). Make sure this post is made before the end of the month in American Samoa (see the countdown timer).
    It’s that simple!

If you're not sure how long you've got left in a month to finish your painting, you can use Deanut Pancer's Oath Countdown site and confirm the dates.

Earning Points
Completing oaths will earn you points! In previous seasons this meant prizes, but in this season they’re mostly for bragging rights (though we may try sort something out depending on how the season goes). You can earn points in the following ways:
  • A successfully completed Oath will get you 3 Points.
  • If you have remembered to add your name to at least one of your completion pictures you get 1 point.
  • If you complete the month’s Challenge you get 1 point.
  • For each Achievement you complete you get 1 point (possibly more!).
  • Extra points are available for impressing our celebrity Judges!
Unlike Season 7 you still get credit for your completion if you miss out your name, however these pictures will not be submitted to the Gallery and therefore cannot earn bonus Judge points.

Challenges
Each month will feature one or more themed challenges. Simply paint up something to match a challenge, claim it in your completion post, and earn a bonus point! Note that in order to get this point you must state which miniatures match it - e.g. if you painted up a bunch of wizards, one of whom is throwing a fireball, you might write something like ‘Fire mage for the OSL challenge’. It’s best to make your claims bold so they’re easy to spot!

This season’s monthly challenges are:
  1. May - A Flying Start
    Paint up a flying model, such as a dragon, plane or even a spaceship! The model doesn’t have to be posed as if it’s currently flying, though it should be obvious that it could do so. Alternatively, add a flying design to a figure - this could be a dragon tattoo, or a banner depicting an angel, or similar.
  2. June - Raise Your Flag
    Paint up a flag or banner as part of your model. This could be a literal flag they’re holding, or something like a tattoo or painted panel which shows a flag. You could even be patriotic and paint the flag of your home country (or the one your model is from).
  3. July - Time to Shine
    Paint up something really shiny as part of your figure. Perhaps this is a meticulously polished suit of armour, an all-seeing crystal ball, or a handful of magical gemstones or coins. You could use some gloss varnish or an NMM technique to make it stand out.
  4. August - Feeling the heat
    Add some fire to your model - this could be a fire elemental or a burning torch, or even a special effect like a fireball or plasma blast. Maybe use some OSL to really make your model pop! You don’t have to feature actual fire so long as it’s obvious something hot or bright is about, so a lava base or searing bright spotlight works.
  5. September - The Chop Shop
    Convert your miniature in some way. Maybe a simple head or weapon swap, or you could go as far as a scratch build or your own sculpt! If you’re converting an existing figure, include a picture of what a standard version of the model looks like.
  6. October - Bring out your dead
    Paint up something spooky for All Hallow’s Eve or the Day of the Dead. Alternatively, add some skulls, either real ones, icons, tattoos, facepaint, etc.
  7. November - Always take the weather with you
    Add some environmental effects to your figure. Maybe they’ve been driving through a dust cloud, crawling through muddy trenches or have been soaked by a rain storm. Alternatively, paint something that looks old and weathered such as a rusty machine or a statue covered in verdigris.
  8. December - Back to Base-ics
    Don’t just settle on a plain base for your figure, put together something unique to make them stand out! For games which don’t use bases or if you’re using transparent ones, put together a display board or movement tray for them.
  9. January - Remember to show your workings
    Take at least three Work in Progress shots of your figure, not counting your initial Oath and final Completion pictures. Each picture should show some progression. If you take a lot of pictures, show three in the completion post and include the rest in an Imgur gallery or similar linked from the post.
  10. February - My heart bleeds for you
    Include some glory blood effects on your model. Maybe they’ve just decapitated their foe or have taken a few flesh wounds. Alternately, paint a heart symbol on your figure, showing that it’s better to love than hate!
  11. March - I’m gonna wreck it!
    Add some battle damage to your figure. Maybe they’re riddled with bullets or have lost a limb, or some armour plates have been crumpled or ripped off. In any case, it should be obvious that they’ve taken a beating!
  12. April - Free(hand) as a bird
    Add some freehand to your figure. This shouldn’t be a simple small symbol, rather it should be a large pattern which catches the eye and is an obvious focal point, such as nose art on a plane or an intricate celtic knot tattoo or so on.

Goals / Achievements
In addition to challenges, you can also earn Achievements to gain points. Unlike challenges, these can be earned at any time in the season. Achievements are split into two categories: Automatic and Manual. Unless otherwise stated they are all worth 1 point.

Automatic Achievements
These are granted automatically upon the completion of the requisite number of Oaths. You don’t need to claim them as the magic of our Spreadsheet does it automatically!
  1. Getting Started: Complete your first Oath.
  2. Apprentice: Complete your third Oath.
  3. Journeyman: Complete your sixth Oath.
  4. Expert: Complete your ninth Oath.
  5. Master: Complete all twelve Oaths this season!

Manual Achievements
These require claiming in a similar fashion the Challenges (e.g. Claiming ‘Need 4 Speed for the Inquisitor). Some require a bit of extra set up or additional work - check the descriptions carefully!
  • Stay awhile and listen: Write a story about one or more of the figures you have painted. How did they get those scars? Why are they wielding a variety of golf clubs? What makes them get up in the morning? Post your story alongside your completed pics in addition to your claim.
  • Need 4 Speed: Paint up one or more of your figures in 24 hours! To do this you need a before and after picture with timestamps (use the American Samoa time as usual; your before pic can be the same as your oath picture). You’re free to post the after picture as soon as it’s ready but make sure to link to it in your completion post so it's not missed.
  • A faithful replica: Paint one of your miniatures to match the manufacturer’s ‘official’ scheme. When you post your completion, include a picture of the original you’re copying. This also includes painting something to mimic a real life person or object, e.g. if you paint up a historically accurate tank or a tribute to a TV show character.
  • Get the Crystal: Paint up some game aids as part of your Oath. These could be objectives, status markers (like a vehicle wreck explosion), loot counters or even a customised blast template! State in your completion post what they’ll be used for (e.g. Get the Crystal: Treasure counters for Frostgrave).
  • Spic and Span: Tidy up your painting space. Post a before picture of the terrible mess your painting area is (this can be with your Oath in the month) and an after picture with everything neat and tidy with all your paints and tools back in their places.
  • The Daily Double: Paint a figure that matches the challenges from two different months other than the current month. State which challenges you’re doing in your completion post (e.g. Claiming The Daily Double for the helicopter using April and December’s challenges).
  • The Mr Tryhard Award: Paint up a figure that matches a challenge from every month! That’s right, 12 challenges, one figure! This can’t be combined with The Daily Double (you’ll need a different figure for that) but can be combined with the usual challenge for the month. This achievement is worth 2 points!
  • Take one for the team: Paint up a group of at least four related miniatures, such as a Frostgrave Warband, a squad of Space Marines, a Guildball Team, a Dropfleet, and so on. There should be a unifying theme behind the minis such as a logo or colour scheme so they don’t just look like a bunch of random guys.
  • A recipe for success: Include a list of the colours and techniques you used to paint your figure. If you’ve done a fancy base, include the materials used for it. Basically anything to help other people copy your masterpiece!
  • Rescue Ranger: Finish painting a figure you’d started but never gotten around to completing. This is an exception to the ‘undercoated only’ rule - when posting your Oath featuring a rescue model, state that you are rescuing it and show it in it’s current state. You can’t claim Need 4 Speed on a Rescue model.
  • All together now: This can only be claimed during April. Post a picture of everything you have painted for the current Oath season - you may be surprised at how much that is! Optionally, summarize what you’ve painted in the post (e.g. this season I have painted 127 infantry and 3 tanks). In the case of people who aren’t painting anything during April you can still claim this achievement by making a Season Complete post with the picture and description as above.

The Gallery & Judging
Each month’s pictures will be entered into the Gallery for that month.
Only pictures with your name on them will be submitted to the gallery. Additionally, WIP shots and initial Oath pictures will be excluded, what should end up here are the final pics of your oathed miniatures.
The gallery will then be submitted to our panel of celebrity judges who will award bonus points to their favourite 3 oaths (3 points for 1st place, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd), plus an additional point to the one they feel best exemplifies the monthly challenge.
Once again we are invoking the Bachtere Clause - anyone who receives 1st or 2nd place in a month can only earn a maximum of 3rd place in the next month from that Judge. This has no effect on the ‘Best Challenge’ points.
Unlike previous seasons, Judges are allowed to participate in Oathing. However they may not choose their own oaths when performing judgment!
This season's judges are Signal and Electric Hobo - we're still looking for volunteers for the remaining slot!

Competitions
From time to time Goons may post their own competitions in the Oath thread - usually these will be extra challenges or require painting specific types of model. These competitions are entirely separate to the main Challenges and Achievements and don’t affect your points, although it may be there’s an overlap between them anyway.
It is up to the individual Goons running the competitions to specify the rules and requirements of their competition along with any prizes, although we do ask that at least a month’s notice is given before any such competition is started.

Other Important Info & FAQs
Terrain
Pieces of Terrain may be oathed, pretty much everything that applies to miniatures also applies here.

Bases
As not all miniatures and gaming systems use bases, they are an optional part of the Oath. If you wish to make a fancy base your Oath, that’s fine so long as you state this! Otherwise it’s fine to use pre-painted bases, or even no bases at all, so long as the miniature that will be going on the base is fine.

Coloured Primers
It is fine to use a coloured primer (e.g. red) when submitting your Oath pictures. What’s not OK is pre-shading using an ink wash or similar, with the exception of basic Zenithal priming.

What happens if I fail an Oath?
Not much, you won’t get any points for that month and won’t go into the Gallery. It’s possible that someone could feel bothered enough by this to buy you an Oathbreaker avatar but it’s pretty rare unless you make a habit of it!

Can I make more than one Oath in a month?
Yes, it’s perfectly fine to do this so long as you follow the same rules as the initial Oath. They are usually labelled as ‘Oath Additions’. However, you need to make sure that all your oaths get completed and are included in a single Completion post, otherwise it counts as failure!

I forgot to post my Oath picture before starting to paint!
We understand that sometimes life gets in the way and people will get distracted between taking pics and posting their Oath. If you have a valid (date stamped, unpainted) ‘before’ picture it’s OK to post it outside of the 3 day window. However, participants who abuse this leniency frequently may have their Oaths rejected, especially towards the end of the month (i.e. don’t take the picture at the start of the month, then post it just before your completion at the end of the month once you’ve done the painting! This is against the spirit of Oathing and will not be looked upon favourably).

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Hooray for another year of getting all my bad decisions painted!

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011
Well I think I might as well get the ball rolling and make my first oath.

I, lorddazron, Oath to paint the following for May,

5 x Khorne Bloodreavers, fully painted and based

Wish me luck!

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I, DiHK, pledge an oath to paint General Patton, a medic, Lt. Rifle, Sgt SMG, NCO Rifle, NCO Carbine and Sniper Team for the month of May.

Hello, this is my first oath. I thought this was a great idea when I saw it in 2015 but I was off the hobby horse at the time. Anyway, I'm moving this month so I'm keeping it light. These are the leadership of an army I want to field ASAP and they're all primed and ready to go. I also have a literal crapton of models beyond these so yeah, here's to getting through some back log.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 25, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

lorddazron posted:

Well I think I might as well get the ball rolling and make my first oath.

I, lorddazron, Oath to paint the following for May,

5 x Khorne Bloodreavers, fully painted and based

Wish me luck!

DiHK posted:

I, DiHK, pledge an oath to paint General Patton, a medic, Lt. Rifle, Sgt SMG, NCO Rifle, NCO Carbine and Sniper Team for the month of May.

Hello, this is my first oath. I thought this was a great idea when I saw it in 2015 but I was off the hobby horse at the time. Anyway, I'm moving this month so I'm keeping it light. These are the leadership of an army I want to field ASAP and they're all primed and ready to go. I also have a literal crapton of models beyond these so yeah, here's to getting through some back log.

Wow you guys are keen! Approved, though note for future months the Oath should me made in the month it's for. I'll go clarify that in the rules.

Also I realised I posted this in the Season 7 thread and not here:

As it seemed popular last season, I'm running another Monster May-hem. This time, the robots have had enough of the kaiju menace and are fighting back!

To enter, simply oath and paint up either a giant city crushing monster or a massive anti-kaiju fighting machine during May and announce Monster May-hem! when you post your finished oath. By monster I mean something big and gribbly like a giant, hydra or dragon, something you'd see terrorising a village and tearing down the houses - while vampires and similar man-sized beasties may count as 'classical' monsters, they simply won't do here! I'm after stuff that is larger than ogre-sized. Fighting robots to be of a similar size - think the equivalent of a heavy warbeast/warjack/dreadnought as a minimum, though a gargantuan would be much better!

Note: these size guidelines apply in-scale, so something like an Epic-scale Titan is acceptable. Though in this case it'd be a good idea to show them alongside some regular minis so we can see just how big your monster is!

At the end of May I'll have a look through all the entrants and pick one at random to win a fabulous prize of an online voucher worth £10 for some kind of games store (last time both winners got Miniature Market vouchers but I can arrange other stores).

Additionally, if there are at least 15 entrants I'll throw in a second voucher to another entrant.

:siren: Bonus objectives :siren:

You can increase your chances of winning with these bonus objectives!
  • There's more than one! - if you paint more than one monster or robot you receive an extra entry in the prize draw. This could even be one of each!
  • There goes the neighbourhood! - if you post a picture of your monster or robot terrorising the local populace, standing triumphantly over the smouldering remains of a tavern, facing a soon to be dead hunter, or similar, you receive an extra entry! In short, some sort of diorama featuring your monster(s). It may be an idea to combine this with the above and shoot an epic battle of monster versus machine!
Even if you have multiple entries you can still only win once - duplicate winners will be re-rolled if necessary..

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, oath to paint an Anvil Miniatures 28mm Madison Yoshida for the month of May.

(Sorry if I jumped the gun!)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

What's the rule on models that are already primed a color?

I have a Deffdread that's been collecting dust for over a year with silver primer on it that I'd like to oath.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Floppychop posted:

What's the rule on models that are already primed a color?

I have a Deffdread that's been collecting dust for over a year with silver primer on it that I'd like to oath.

Coloured primer is fine so long as you've not done any other painting or pre-shading.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Would monstrous creatures like the Bastiladon qualify for Monster May-hem?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah that'd be fine, pretty much all of the Warhammer Monsters are big gribblies :)

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
It is a shame I started Celestine and her bodyguards a week ago. I think that is the biggest rub for me when it comes to oathing. I don't have the time to really just sit put off my next thing till the start of the following month. She would be perfect for this month's challenge. Add in being gone on my honeymoon for a week, and I doubt I'll get anything else done in time.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
What a better way to start a season than to oath the biggest model I have.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Zombie Dragon and six Templar Infantry. Both are 28mm, dragon by GW and Templars by Fireforge Games.

That one painted shield is naturally not part of the oath, but it'll be glued to one of the dudes' arms, so I included it for completeness' sake.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Time to go big or go home, and not crash in flames like I normally do. I've got better with my painting, time to really kick it up a gear.

I, Thundercloud, oath the following.

5 Cataphractii Terminators, from GW.
5 Tartaros Terminators, from GW.
5 Space Marine Scouts, from GW.
1 Chaos Hellbrute, from GW
1 Dark Eldar Jetbike, from GW.
1 Stage 1 Plague, from Mantic.
12 Cybermen, 8 individually based Cybermats and 2 Cybermat swarms from Warlord Games

For a total of 40 miniatures

This is an entire force of Cybermen, 2 miniatures I am painting for my youtube channel and my projects to get sorted before 8th edition drops.

I'll be making painting videos for the Tartaros Terminators, Scouts, Helbrute, DE Jetbike, Stage 1 Plague and Cybermen. The Cataphractii I will paint in store and may take them with me on a training event to get them finished there.

Thundercloud fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 5, 2017

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for May...

3 28mm models for Frostgrave. One model from the defunct Drake line, and 2 Reaper Bones minis.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, hearby oath the following - 6 Heros, 9 Stormtroopers and 3 Probe Droids - 28mm, Fantasy Flight Games (from Imperial Assualt.)

Triple20
Aug 16, 2005

In the end I guess it's easy after all
I, Triple20, oath to paint the following 20 models for May:

GW:
10 Dark Angels and 1 Rhino (Gauntlet Tactical Squad)
1 Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain
1 Age of Sigmar Necromancer
1 Helbrute (Dark Vengeance set)

Mantic:
1 The Governor and 5 walkers from Prelude to Woodbury

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, back for another season, oath to paint this space wasp jump trooper. 28mm by CP-Models. Armed with a non-standard gun since the model was literally impossible to put together out of the box.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, Grand Master of Season 7, return for the new season, and oath to paint for the magical month of May

Nathavarr by Reaper (28mm)
The Tyrant of Halpi by Mantic (28mm)

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I, Chiwie, Oath to paint these 5 15mm M1IP Abrams for May. Battlefront miniatures for Team Yankee, 2x platoons and a command tank.

Edit: Forgot to bold text.

Chiwie fucked around with this message at 12:06 on May 3, 2017

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I JackMack, oath for May, one Abhorrent Abomination by Thunderchild Miniatures, and Death by CMoN, both 28mm

RancidChris
Jul 8, 2011
I, RancidChris, Oath to paint the following for May, 2 Malifaux Raptors

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath 8 Figures - 7 Reaper Dwarves and one Fly Demon as a Bee. All are 28mm scale from Reaper minis bones line. The dwarves are, from left to right: Logrim Battlefury Dwarf Paladin, Herryk the Dwarf Cleric, Freja Fangbreaker, Khael Stonekindle Dwarf Wizard, Dain Deepaxe, Harsk Iconic Dwarf Ranger, and Thain Grimthorn.

Aiming for a Rescue Ranger on the Bee.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint a Treant and a Blue Dragon by Wizards of the Coast

I just noticed that while the picture shows the time and date, the year is occluded. If that's a big credibility problem, I suppose I can retake the picture :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Trying to scam us with minis from 2006 :argh:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
This is how quick painting up the Cybermen was.

Assembling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHIpNoDMufQ

Painting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zglKWkfaYvU

So that's all the Cybermen finished.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do oath these two Fat Yuan Yuan (28mm Corvus Belli) for the month of May!

Triple20
Aug 16, 2005

In the end I guess it's easy after all

Thundercloud posted:

This is how quick painting up the Cybermen was.

Assembling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHIpNoDMufQ

Painting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zglKWkfaYvU

So that's all the Cybermen finished.

Nice, I'm excited to see the 30k terminators and Helbrute videos when they happen.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
No idea if I can get this done by the end of the month, but I'm going to try and paint a real monster.
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Hierophant Bio-Titan in the month of May (GW, 28mm)

Still got a bit of work to do decorating its base.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal, do Oath for the month of May,

Tourbillon Sky Fortress, from Dystopian Wars

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C Oath 1 Mega-dread and 1 Stormboy for May:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Lord Hypnostache posted:

What a better way to start a season than to oath the biggest model I have.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Zombie Dragon and six Templar Infantry. Both are 28mm, dragon by GW and Templars by Fireforge Games.

That one painted shield is naturally not part of the oath, but it'll be glued to one of the dudes' arms, so I included it for completeness' sake.

Thundercloud posted:

Time to go big or go home, and not crash in flames like I normally do. I've got better with my painting, time to really kick it up a gear.

I, Thundercloud, oath the following.

5 Cataphractii Terminators, from GW.
5 Tartaros Terminators, from GW.
5 Space Marine Scouts, from GW.
1 Chaos Hellbrute, from GW
1 Dark Eldar Jetbike, from GW.
1 Stage 1 Plague, from Mantic.
12 Cybermen, 8 individually based Cybermats and 2 Cybermat swarms from Warlord Games

For a total of 40 miniatures

This is an entire force of Cybermen, 2 miniatures I am painting for my youtube channel and my projects to get sorted before 8th edition drops.

I'll be making painting videos for the Tartaros Terminators, Scouts, Helbrute, DE Jetbike, Stage 1 Plague and Cybermen. The Cataphractii I will paint in store and may take them with me on a training event to get them finished there.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for May...

3 28mm models for Frostgrave. One model from the defunct Drake line, and 2 Reaper Bones minis.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, hearby oath the following - 6 Heros, 9 Stormtroopers and 3 Probe Droids - 28mm, Fantasy Flight Games (from Imperial Assualt.)

Triple20 posted:

I, Triple20, oath to paint the following 20 models for May:

GW:
10 Dark Angels and 1 Rhino (Gauntlet Tactical Squad)
1 Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain
1 Age of Sigmar Necromancer
1 Helbrute (Dark Vengeance set)

Mantic:
1 The Governor and 5 walkers from Prelude to Woodbury

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, back for another season, oath to paint this space wasp jump trooper. 28mm by CP-Models. Armed with a non-standard gun since the model was literally impossible to put together out of the box.

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, Grand Master of Season 7, return for the new season, and oath to paint for the magical month of May

Nathavarr by Reaper (28mm)
The Tyrant of Halpi by Mantic (28mm)

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, Oath to paint these 5 15mm M1IP Abrams for May. Battlefront miniatures for Team Yankee, 2x platoons and a command tank.

Edit: Forgot to bold text.

JackMack posted:

I JackMack, oath for May, one Abhorrent Abomination by Thunderchild Miniatures, and Death by CMoN, both 28mm

RancidChris posted:

I, RancidChris, Oath to paint the following for May, 2 Malifaux Raptors

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath 8 Figures - 7 Reaper Dwarves and one Fly Demon as a Bee. All are 28mm scale from Reaper minis bones line. The dwarves are, from left to right: Logrim Battlefury Dwarf Paladin, Herryk the Dwarf Cleric, Freja Fangbreaker, Khael Stonekindle Dwarf Wizard, Dain Deepaxe, Harsk Iconic Dwarf Ranger, and Thain Grimthorn.

Aiming for a Rescue Ranger on the Bee.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint a Treant and a Blue Dragon by Wizards of the Coast

I just noticed that while the picture shows the time and date, the year is occluded. If that's a big credibility problem, I suppose I can retake the picture :v:

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do oath these two Fat Yuan Yuan (28mm Corvus Belli) for the month of May!

Arson Fire posted:

No idea if I can get this done by the end of the month, but I'm going to try and paint a real monster.
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint a Hierophant Bio-Titan in the month of May (GW, 28mm)

Still got a bit of work to do decorating its base.

Signal posted:

I Signal, do Oath for the month of May,

Tourbillon Sky Fortress, from Dystopian Wars

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C Oath 1 Mega-dread and 1 Stormboy for May:

Approved! A bumper week so far, I like it!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Do I need to resubmit mine? It wasn't approved. I've not started painting it yet.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

My apologies, I missed that one. Also approved!

For future note so long as your initial pic matches the requirements you're good to start painting even if it's not been approved yet.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this GW 28mm Dinosaur carrying dinosaurs shooting snakes (or, Bastiladon with Ark of Sotek) for April

Here is a second one with the phone in focus, in case that is too tricky to make out:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath the Belfry Gargoyle and Titanite Demon from the Dark Souls board game, by Steamforged (28mm)

Gargoyle is primed grey, demon is yet to be primed hence the slight colour difference.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for May 2017:

One Dragon from Heresy Miniatures

I had hoped to get more oathed but I've been busy sorting stuff out. Maybe more to come later depending on how this goes.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Is that the fabled dragon that was a 100 years underway and nearly drove that guy insane?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I thought I'd posted this earlier but I guess not.

I, head58, oath these two dudes from Privateer Press: Zaadesh2 and Venator Dakar (28mm) for May 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this GW 28mm Dinosaur carrying dinosaurs shooting snakes (or, Bastiladon with Ark of Sotek) for April

Here is a second one with the phone in focus, in case that is too tricky to make out:

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath the Belfry Gargoyle and Titanite Demon from the Dark Souls board game, by Steamforged (28mm)

Gargoyle is primed grey, demon is yet to be primed hence the slight colour difference.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for May 2017:

I had hoped to get more oathed but I've been busy sorting stuff out. Maybe more to come later depending on how this goes.

head58 posted:

I thought I'd posted this earlier but I guess not.

I, head58, oath these two dudes from Privateer Press: Zaadesh2 and Venator Dakar (28mm) for May 2017

Approved!

Electric Hobo posted:

Is that the fabled dragon that was a 100 years underway and nearly drove that guy insane?

Sure is. I was lucky enough to get one of the later iterations that's pretty much all resin and they'd worked the kinks out of the moulding process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Sure is. I was lucky enough to get one of the later iterations that's pretty much all resin and they'd worked the kinks out of the moulding process.
I look forward to seeing it painted up! It is a really cool sculpt, and one of the best dragons that I've seen.

• Locked thread