Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath for this totally-not-Pinhead by Studio Miniatures (28mm)

And a slightly better shot of the mini

Edit: Which for some reason is being rendered at an angle, which isn't how it's uploaded. Weird.

glitchkrieg posted:

Additional oath, this Reaper Miniatures Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue

glitchkrieg posted:

Accidentally posted this in the other thread!

And one more oath, which I might live to regret

5 Masamune drones from Human Interface

Oath complete!

Claiming Flying Start for the drones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impeccable Lemon
May 20, 2017
Oath Complete.

Crappy image, but I'm pressed for time, and I can't find my lightbox. I still got it done, though, and that's what counts for me.

Going to claim A Flying Start for challenges.

Unfortunately the flying stand got KO'd coming back from my trip to the store so didn't get to get it finished.

Impeccable Lemon fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jun 1, 2017

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Oath Complete!

Claiming Flying Start for the skytrooper, and hopefully multiple Monster Mayhem entries for the rancor, at-st and scene

I think for June, I'll try to take my time

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath complete!

They all have jump jets as evidenced by their rocket butts so I'm going to claim Flying Start

Not to mention I finished in time to get the Need 4 Speed bonus. Link to the before here and Take one for the team

lovestick fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jun 1, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath this 1/144th F/A-18A as an additional oath for May.

Plane is a Revell kit, flightstand is battlefront.

lovestick posted:

I, lovestick do hereby oath for the month of May 4 battletech robots. Looks like I'll be trying for the uh... speed painting challenge.

Approved!

:siren: 15 minutes left! :siren:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:smaug: OATH COMPLETE! :smaug:

Worth noting that the base was painted in the previous oath season as part of the Dragon's Don't Share tower set.

The white spots on the wings are polymer varnish that hasn't dried, the white spots on the base are clumsy fingers!

Claiming a flying start and double monster may-hem with my pair of dragons because There's more than one!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Was gonna pose them in a scene, but I ran out of time, and really the Reaper one is so big there wasn't enough space in my photo box, was hard enough to take photos with most of it in focus

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

And we're done (for May) - go check The Spreadsheet to make sure I haven't missed anything. I plan to do the Monster May-Hem draw sometime this weekend.

Onward to June! This month's challenge:

quote:

June - Raise Your Flag
Paint up a flag or banner as part of your model. This could be a literal flag they’re holding, or something like a tattoo or painted panel which shows a flag. You could even be patriotic and paint the flag of your home country (or the one your model is from).

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Zark the Damned posted:

And we're done (for May) - go check The Spreadsheet to make sure I haven't missed anything. I plan to do the Monster May-Hem draw sometime this weekend.

Onward to June! This month's challenge:

I painted two models for the Monster May-hem, I just forgot to include that tag at first and editted in later. Its not on the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pash posted:

I painted two models for the Monster May-hem, I just forgot to include that tag at first and editted in later. Its not on the spreadsheet. Thanks!

OK added.

Maybe I should add a note in the rules about if, but if anyone goes back and edits their oath or completion posts, please make another post to let me know in case it's already been put on the spreadsheet!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, Oath 1 UCM Battleship (magnetized between all three options), 1 Avalon, 2 UCM light crusiers (again, magnetized between the two options.) - By Hawk Wargames in a odd scale.

Triple20
Aug 16, 2005

In the end I guess it's easy after all
I, Triple20, oath to paint the following 12 models for June:

Steamforged/Guild Ball (28mm?):
1x Seasoned Brisket
1x Pin Vice

GW:
5x Deathwatch
2x Dark Angels bikers
1x Aspiring Chaos Champion
1x Venerable Dreadnought
1x Dark Angel Helmet Caddy

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for June 2017 one (1) 28mm Mantic GCPS Marine.

This is gonna be my testbed for my army's colour scheme, I expect more will follow over the month.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I oath 5 Sekban, from Infinity

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I, Foolster41 Oath for June these four reaper ratfolk (as a last minute addition for a game I'm designing and hoping to play at a con this weekend)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby oath for June, one Anaconda and Pilot, 1 Sukeul Commando (Both Infinity, Corvus Belli), and 1 Crucible (Guildball, Steamforged Games)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath one MDF building ruin (Wargames Tournaments), one Deathwing Ancient (GW), and three Mechanicum Thallax robots (Forge World)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath 10 figures :wooper:, seven bones (Innkeeper, wench, strumpet, grandmother, undertaker, blacksmith, Oswald the Overladen), one reaper mini (Coloti, Bloodstone Gnome), one stonehaven mini (Halfling soldier female), and one GW dwarf warrior (all 28mm).

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I'm done already! Oath complete!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
June Oath! 4 Antipodes
Corvus Belli

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Foolster41 posted:

I'm done already! Oath complete!

Dude, you could claim Need4Speed if you throw in the American Samoa timestamp.

The One-Two Punch
Dec 10, 2008
I The One-Two Punch oath for the month of June an Ironjawz Warchanter and 10 Ardboyz (GW 28mm). Claiming the banner and squad challenge too.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
I Adhuin oath for the month of June Yu Jing cannon fodder + a Druze mercenary that actually gets paid. (Corvus Belli)

And because backlighted pictures suck, here's one where you can't see samoa, but can see minis:

a Druze mercenary Hacker on left and 4 Kuang Shi with explosive collars on right.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for June...

3 Devoted Priests, Dark Age (CMON), 28mm

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I have now edited my pics to include names! Huzzah!

Ugleb posted:

Phone posting oath complete because I'm a God drat idiot and forgot to edit and upload them.

Will need to add names later if that's OK.

Dunno if Teddy qualifies for Master Mayhem?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

I still have 4 Kuang Shi's to paint, but here's me
claiming Need 4 Speed, A faithful replica and A recipe for success for Druze Mercenary Hacker

Before I found flash button:

After I found the flash button. She is walking on the path of spilled paint:

a Recipe for success.
I used Army pointer warpaints.

White spray for undercoat.
Lava Orange for jacket, part of boots and knee shields.
Goblin Green for pants
Stone grey for detail parts
Just one layer each.

Mummy robes for shoulder pads and gloves
Elf skin for face
Soft tone for the oranges and greens
Dark tone for greys and whites
Blue tone for hair

Flesh wash for the face
Highlighting everything with original color except grey in the boots.
2nd round of highlights with mix of original color and white
3rd round of highlights with more white than original color
added more dark tone to gun and boots.

Last part: Sun glasses and lips with Faber-Casteell blue permanent marker
bit of White highlights to glasses/lips.
base Necromancer cloak cracks, Matt white tiles, dark tone manhole cover (x2) and some fake leaves from Green stuff world .

a Faithful replica (in style)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Don't forget to include a link to this in your overall completion post!

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, Oath 1 UCM Battleship (magnetized between all three options), 1 Avalon, 2 UCM light crusiers (again, magnetized between the two options.) - By Hawk Wargames in a odd scale.

Triple20 posted:

I, Triple20, oath to paint the following 12 models for June:

Steamforged/Guild Ball (28mm?):
1x Seasoned Brisket
1x Pin Vice

GW:
5x Deathwatch
2x Dark Angels bikers
1x Aspiring Chaos Champion
1x Venerable Dreadnought
1x Dark Angel Helmet Caddy

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for June 2017 one (1) 28mm Mantic GCPS Marine.

This is gonna be my testbed for my army's colour scheme, I expect more will follow over the month.

Signal posted:

I oath 5 Sekban, from Infinity

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 Oath for June these four reaper ratfolk (as a last minute addition for a game I'm designing and hoping to play at a con this weekend)

moths posted:

I, moths, oath one MDF building ruin (Wargames Tournaments), one Deathwing Ancient (GW), and three Mechanicum Thallax robots (Forge World)

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath 10 figures :wooper:, seven bones (Innkeeper, wench, strumpet, grandmother, undertaker, blacksmith, Oswald the Overladen), one reaper mini (Coloti, Bloodstone Gnome), one stonehaven mini (Halfling soldier female), and one GW dwarf warrior (all 28mm).

Red Shoe posted:

June Oath! 4 Antipodes
Corvus Belli

The One-Two Punch posted:

I The One-Two Punch oath for the month of June an Ironjawz Warchanter and 10 Ardboyz (GW 28mm). Claiming the banner and squad challenge too.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for June...

3 Devoted Priests, Dark Age (CMON), 28mm

adhuin posted:

I Adhuin oath for the month of June Yu Jing cannon fodder + a Druze mercenary that actually gets paid. (Corvus Belli)

And because backlighted pictures suck, here's one where you can't see samoa, but can see minis:

a Druze mercenary Hacker on left and 4 Kuang Shi with explosive collars on right.

Approved!

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby oath for June, one Anaconda and Pilot, 1 Sukeul Commando (Both Infinity, Corvus Belli), and 1 Crucible (Guildball, Steamforged Games)

Rejected because I can't see the picture. Might be a permissions thing? I see you're using Google Photos which can occasionally be finicky when if comes to embedding them in posts.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Results!

A little quieter than last season, there were 18 entrants overall (enough to trigger the bonus prize), 9 of whom painted multiple monsters, and 2 who arranged a scene.

Entries were tabulated into the SA Oath Supercomputer (aka Google Sheets) and the complex algorithm was run to determine the winning entrants (throwing some dice on Orokos).

So anyway, congratulations to our winners Pash and Dr. Phildo - either PM me or email saoaths@gmail.com to discuss your fabulous prizes (vouchers worth around £10).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yJ9GfPekNRZ-T3_EdpLN6-Or2yhmhow6R2l9v7IWYSk/edit?usp=sharing
Monster May-Hem Winners: 2#1d29 27 25

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I, Zuul the Cat, hereby oath 1 Lord Relictor (GW, 28mm). I'll be also claiming this months challenge, Raise your Flag.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of June, 12 Convicts for Dreadball, 28mm by Mantic Games.

Half pictured Cat not included due to already having colours on it, obviously.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I, Takuan, do solemnly oath for the month of June
4 Descent Heroes by Fantasy Flight Games

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I, JackMack, oath this Fomorian Bounty Hunter from Knightmare Models for the month of June

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Zark the Damned posted:

Results!

A little quieter than last season, there were 18 entrants overall (enough to trigger the bonus prize), 9 of whom painted multiple monsters, and 2 who arranged a scene.

Entries were tabulated into the SA Oath Supercomputer (aka Google Sheets) and the complex algorithm was run to determine the winning entrants (throwing some dice on Orokos).

So anyway, congratulations to our winners Pash and Dr. Phildo - either PM me or email saoaths@gmail.com to discuss your fabulous prizes (vouchers worth around £10).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yJ9GfPekNRZ-T3_EdpLN6-Or2yhmhow6R2l9v7IWYSk/edit?usp=sharing
Monster May-Hem Winners: 2#1d29 27 25

Wooo! Email sent! My email starts with mz and is from Gmail.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
I, Merton, oath to assemble, wire up, and paint this kitbashed Illuminor Szeras for June.
(Necrons, GW, kitbashed model on 40mm base, 2x SMD LEDS.)

Better picture:

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath Rask and Calaban from the Minions faction of Hordes

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm alternative sculpt for Ashlynn D'Elyse, by Privateer Press for Warmachine

She has a flag! It was destined to be!

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013
I, Comrade Corcus, Oath these 2 Dreadnaughts, Astorath the Grim, 2 Death Company Chaplains and 30 Death Company (GW). Giving myself a kick in the pants to put paint on these minis this month

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oh shoot. Is this any better?

Oath for previously mentioned models.

Let me know if this is good. Otherwise I can submit a new Oath post. Though I've already started crucible, and sprayed some base coats on the Anaconda. Let me know!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

I, Zuul the Cat, hereby oath 1 Lord Relictor (GW, 28mm). I'll be also claiming this months challenge, Raise your Flag.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of June, 12 Convicts for Dreadball, 28mm by Mantic Games.

Half pictured Cat not included due to already having colours on it, obviously.

Takuan posted:

I, Takuan, do solemnly oath for the month of June
4 Descent Heroes by Fantasy Flight Games

JackMack posted:

I, JackMack, oath this Fomorian Bounty Hunter from Knightmare Models for the month of June

Merton Blask posted:

I, Merton, oath to assemble, wire up, and paint this kitbashed Illuminor Szeras for June.
(Necrons, GW, kitbashed model on 40mm base, 2x SMD LEDS.)

Better picture:

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath Rask and Calaban from the Minions faction of Hordes

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm alternative sculpt for Ashlynn D'Elyse, by Privateer Press for Warmachine

She has a flag! It was destined to be!

comrade corcus posted:

I, Comrade Corcus, Oath these 2 Dreadnaughts, Astorath the Grim, 2 Death Company Chaplains and 30 Death Company (GW). Giving myself a kick in the pants to put paint on these minis this month

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oh shoot. Is this any better?

Oath for previously mentioned models.

Let me know if this is good. Otherwise I can submit a new Oath post. Though I've already started crucible, and sprayed some base coats on the Anaconda. Let me know!

Approved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oath Addition:

I m adding an additional 9 Mantic GCPS troopers (bringing the total to 10) & one Mantic Major Loren Chard, also from Mantic. All are 28mm scale.

• Locked thread