Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint yet another gnoll

The gnoll is for Frostgrave, the banner pole and metal clawed hand decoration are from Mantic undead sprues, and the banner strips are from a Chaos Space Marines box (the Tzeentch icon, specifically).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional Oath! A patriotic statue.
Mostly Privateer Press, partially orange juice cap.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of June

1 Masaulle class Mobile Airfield from Spartan Games (1:1200)

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing Ashlynn D'Elyse. This is a Mercenary warcaster from Privateer Press' Warmachine.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I, Foolster41 Oath to pant these lizardmen from Reaper for June, for my game I'm designing.

E: Aaand complete. Yes, I will take that Need 4 Speed. :)

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 18, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath this Genestealer for June

I meant to oath this last weekend but lost my phone at a music festival - is it ok to oath even though I've put textured paint on the base?

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for June two Swinecursed, from Malifaux

Starting small this month while I wait for more infinity to arrive.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, oath to paint this Treeman (GW 2004, 28mm) for the month of June.

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do Oath these 4 Haqqislam Naffatun (28mm Corvus Belli)

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, oath these 3 Salt Flat Nomad Herders from Dark Age (28mm) for the Month of June

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath these Three (3) Tyranid Warriors. 28mm by GW.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Oath addition!

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, oath to also paint these Zombies (2 WHFB and 3 Blood Bowl, GW, 28mm) for the month of June.

The Moon Monster posted:

Oath addition, 1 Dust Bull by Dark Age (28mm)

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint yet another gnoll

The gnoll is for Frostgrave, the banner pole and metal clawed hand decoration are from Mantic undead sprues, and the banner strips are from a Chaos Space Marines box (the Tzeentch icon, specifically).

Red Shoe posted:

Additional Oath! A patriotic statue.
Mostly Privateer Press, partially orange juice cap.

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of June

1 Masaulle class Mobile Airfield from Spartan Games (1:1200)

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oathing Ashlynn D'Elyse. This is a Mercenary warcaster from Privateer Press' Warmachine.

Approved!

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 Oath to pant these lizardmen from Reaper for June, for my game I'm designing.

E: Aaand complete. Yes, I will take that Need 4 Speed. :)

Approved, but to get the credit you need to make a single Oath Completion with all your stuff for this month

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved!

Approved, but to get the credit you need to make a single Oath Completion with all your stuff for this month

For the regular completion, or need4speed? Can I just at the end of month make up a picture of everything later to get the month and the achievement?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Oath addition one primaris ancient by gw

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Foolster41 posted:

For the regular completion, or need4speed? Can I just at the end of month make up a picture of everything later to get the month and the achievement?

For regular completion, which is required for achievements. It's fine to have a post with proof of speed painting but otherwise do a single completion with everything painted this month. Mainly because it's a pain to undo stuff in the spreadsheet if I've already flagged up the completed stuff.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath for the month of June one Kazak Spetsnaz (Corvus Belli, 25mm) and four command point tokens of my own make.

The mini is zenithial primed, but otherwise just black and grey.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
More oaths! Two tech containers
Micro Art Studios

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath for the month of June one Kazak Spetsnaz (Corvus Belli, 25mm) and four command point tokens of my own make.

Oath Complete

Claiming the June monthly challenge for the Ariadna symbol and the Russian flag, Get the Crystal for the tokens, and Need 4 Speed for speed,.

I know the tokens aren't terribly impressive from a painting standpoint, but I also designed them from scratch and ran the laser cutter to hack them out of a square of acrylic, so I'm hoping that buys me some leeway.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, oath a bigly marine lieutenant and a squad of 5 bigly marines from GW in who knows what scale.

First squad of my new army.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Additional oath!

I, glitchkrieg, oath these Cult of the Kraken Lord cultists (Midlam) and Baby Deth (Hasslefree)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!

Sforza, an Uhlan, and a Tikbalang from Infinity in 28mm.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of June, 1 UCM New York Battleship, 2 UCM New Cairo light cruisers, and 1 UCM Avalon Battlecruiser.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of June 4 PHR frigates by Hawk Wargames (Dropfleet Commander, hard plastic, 1:9150)

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I, Yeast, Oath for the month of June 1 Steel Legion Commissar

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of June, 1 UCM New York Battleship, 2 UCM New Cairo light cruisers, and 1 UCM Avalon Battlecruiser.

Deja-vu. That's pretty much what I've oathed, just mine are magnetized.... (barring the Avalon)

Its UCM-off!

(you will win)

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide, oath 3 oldschool Beastmen Command models from GW for the month of June.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Grey Hunter posted:

Deja-vu. That's pretty much what I've oathed, just mine are magnetized.... (barring the Avalon)

Its UCM-off!

(you will win)

A couple of mine are magnatized... I was just too lazy to do the other weapon options yet...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

terminator front

Terminator back

banner close-up

thallax front

thallax rear

terrain front

terrain top

Claiming Fly Your Flag for, well, the flag.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Booley posted:

Oath addition one primaris ancient by gw

grassy gnoll posted:

Red Shoe posted:

More oaths! Two tech containers
Micro Art Studios

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, oath a bigly marine lieutenant and a squad of 5 bigly marines from GW in who knows what scale.

First squad of my new army.

glitchkrieg posted:

Additional oath!

I, glitchkrieg, oath these Cult of the Kraken Lord cultists (Midlam) and Baby Deth (Hasslefree)

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

Sforza, an Uhlan, and a Tikbalang from Infinity in 28mm.

Pash posted:

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of June 4 PHR frigates by Hawk Wargames (Dropfleet Commander, hard plastic, 1:9150)

Yeast posted:

I, Yeast, Oath for the month of June 1 Steel Legion Commissar

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide, oath 3 oldschool Beastmen Command models from GW for the month of June.

Approved!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

adhuin posted:

OATH COMPLETE

earlier post claiming Need 4 Speed, A faithful replica and A recipe for success for Druze Mercenary Hacker
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818112&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post472993877

(repost):

Here's the final four of the pledge, the Kuang Shi:

Claiming Take one for the team for this group of 4 condemned men.

additional OATH COMPLETE and just in time for a midsummer drinking festival:

One Innsmouth mob from FFG:s mansions of madness:

Seamoose
May 30, 2015
OATH COMPLETED
STAY A WHILE AND LISTEN

This is a diorama capturing the final moments of Clay the half Orc Monk of Ilmater, from a DND game that occurred about ten years ago. Clay was as noble as he was strong, he could only be considered beautiful to those who could see his heart and then his beauty was unparalleled. Anyway, Clay and his friend a gnome cleric of Garl Glittergold who's name was lost to time, were traveling through the Underdark when the gnome was gravely poisoned. Clay being the beautiful creature he is carried the Gnome through Underdark cradled in his arms as if he were a sleeping babe. After weeks of travel they finally made it to the Church of Ilmater where the gnome was healed and deeply thankful. A bond had been created and this slightly selfish Gnome has had his heart opened a bit. After some recuperation at the Church of the Martyred God, the party set off again. The very day they set out, while wandering through tight alleys in a market district they were ambushed by thieves from above. These ne'er do wells were positioned in windows raining arrows down on the party below. The gnome still being a little selfish in his heart decides to cast a low level spell to bring the thieves out, so he cast create water above a thief hoping the impact of a few a gallons would knock him from his perch. Thats where things went horribly awry, the water missed the thief and instead hit an overhead tarp that then fell onto noble Clay. These rogues wasting no time to capitalize on the ensnared Monk of Perseverance proceeded to ... murder, they murdered Clay, in front of his friend. It was the gnomes fault, he would live forever knowing that he killed his best friend. The rogues were quickly dispatched in some way, no one really remembers and all we have of that day was the is the memory of Clay's ultimate sacrifice.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

The Waagh banner is for the raise your flag

A recipe for success

Deff dread
Red on the dread: Mephiston red, followed by a 50:50 Mephiston red, blood red mix and then washed in a vallejo game ink red. Its highlighted with blazing orange.
Yellow on the dread is a few layers of ivanden darksun followed by a few more layers of Yriel yellow. It is washed with seraphim sepia to make it look dirtier.
The white is simply a few layers of ceramite white.
The checks/hazard stripes are vallejo black.

The entire dread is then coated in a vallejo gloss varnish.

The waagh banner nob
The skin is orkhide shade, the first layer is a 50:35:15 mix between orkhide shade, goblin green and yriel yellow. I follow this up with highlights of the goblin green/yriel yellow mix and a final highlight has some bleached bone mixed into the gg/yy mix.
The black trousers are a base coat of vallejo black, I mix in a tiny amount of fenris grey to paint on the upper areas of the legs, I then mix a 50:50 fenris grey/black mix to highlight.
The brown shirt is a 50:50 base of snakebite leather with vallejo's charred brown. I then mix a layer with 75:25 snakebite to charred brown and highlight with pure snakebite.
The boots, belts, straps are charred brown with a highlight of the 50:50 snakebite/charred brown mix.
The fingernails/teeth are base coated in snakebite leather with a bleached bone layer on top.

The yellow on the waagh banner was ceramite white followed by yriel yellow. I highlighted this with bleached bone and then washed with seraphim sepia. The black is vallejo with a highlight of 50:50 fenrisian grey and black.
The red is the same recipe as the deff dread except I gave it a double layer of blood red (leaving the darker areas) before I highlighted with the blazing orange.

Common
Metallics: boltgun metal with a mithril silver highlighting then washed in nuln oil. The bronze metals are warplock bronze, followed by brass scorpion with a final highlight of vallejo bright bronze.
Bases are skagg brown followed by a drybrush of vallejo's desert yellow. The rock on the Dread base has a foundation of 50:50 vallejo scarlet red and skag brown, this is then dry brushed with skag brown and a very light dry brush of desert yellow.
The rocks on the base are simple chunks of blue styrofoam that have been scored to look something like stone. The pebbles are coal from a model railway store, cannot recall the scale but it be small.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following for June: (1) Halfling standard bearer and (1) Orc musician! Both 28mm; the halfling is from Westfalia Publishing (resin, zenithal primed), and the orc is a metal GW sculpt from like 1998.

e: It occurred to me I should probably link the Kickstarter I got the halfling from, as Westfalia's main website seems to be borked until August.

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 24, 2017

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I, thespaceinvader, do hereby oath one (1) VT-49 Decimator (slightly modified, you'll see later) in 1:270 scale from Fantasy Flight Games for the month of June.

E: and a timestamped completion picture

THe modification will be more obvious when I take a proper turnaround once the varnish is dry.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 25, 2017

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Not too much time this month and the next painting project will take more than the rest of the month, so here's the piggies done. Painted for my younger brother, who prefers plain bases.

No light box due to lack of space right now.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

First up the battleship Marcus Aurelius, in all three configurations.

Then the Avalon class battle-cruiser Nero (It has a burn-through laser. Mwah ha ha I pun so gud.)

Finally the light cruisers Romulus and Remus - one is in New Cairo configuration and the other in Osaka configuration.

I love magnets.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath ten Tomb Guard and eleven wound markers. Tomb Guard are by GW and the wound markers are scratch-built, I think the gravestones themselves are from Mantic.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Journal is the flag painted on the arm of the Devil Dog. Also claiming Take one for the team for all my Haqq figures. 26 models painted (plus 5 non-oathed) means more than one per day this month! :D

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

thespaceinvader posted:

I, thespaceinvader, do hereby oath one (1) VT-49 Decimator (slightly modified, you'll see later) in 1:270 scale from Fantasy Flight Games for the month of June.

THe modification will be more obvious when I take a proper turnaround once the varnish is dry.

This hasn't been accepted yet but it's COMPLETED anyway, now with the attachment attached to which I alluded earlier:

No Jurnal, I didn't want to risk further screwups trying to do an Imperial logo, but I'm claiming Need 4 Speed for the... speed... and Get The Crystal for the lego throne which holds minifigs to remind me to actually USE the crew I'm carrying on this beast.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did this month's challenge.
I cleaned my nerd place for Spic and Span:

I'm doing A Recipe for Success right now:
Techniques:
All the cloth is made with glazes and all metal was weather with pigments. The skeleton was washed, other than it's just layers of paint.
The base is made with all the different pigments I list below, dusted together.

poo poo used:
Vallejo:
70596 Glaze medium
70995 German Grey
70942 Light green
70980 Deep Green
70980 Black Green
70954 Yellow Green
70966 Turqoise
70950 Black
70951 White
70811 Blue Violet
70810 Royal Purple
70941 Burnt Umber
70984 Flat Brown
70957 Flat Red
70911 Light Orange
70918 Ivory
70917 Beige
71075 Ivory Sand
Pigments:
73107 Dark Red Ochre
73112 Chrome Oxide Green
73110 Burnt Umber
73105 Natural Sienna
Inks:
72085 Yellow
72089 Green
72094 Black

Scale 75:
SC63 Black metal
SC64 Trash Metal
SC65 Heavy Metal
SC71 Necro Gold
SC73 Dwarven Gold
SC74 Elven Gold
SC78 Peridot Alchemy
SC67 White Alchemy
SC82 Inktense Violet
SC84 Inktense Green
SC85 Inktense Red
SC25 Birch
SC27 Iroko
SC28 Orange Leather
SC31 Brown Leather
SC32 Black Leather

Lastly, I went for The Mr Tryhard Award:
May: The feather-winged skeleton on top of the banner.
June: The banner.
July: The sword hilt
August: His head is on fire and gives off OSL.
September: I added fire to his head and arrows to the horse. The original model:

October: Well yeah. It's an undead rider on a zombie horse.
November: The horse has been stomping through the toxic wasteland that my undead live in.
December: I built that base out of cardstock, greenstuff, sand and bark.
January: Progress shots!

February: I painted the horse a fresh zombie with shiny muscle showing. The rider has a bloody wound in his side.
March: I painted some dings and dents in the armor, scratches on the leather and added arrowwounds to the horse.
April: The ghost faces on the Sword of Lost Souls(TM).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following for June: (1) Halfling standard bearer and (1) Orc musician! Both 28mm; the halfling is from Westfalia Publishing (resin, zenithal primed), and the orc is a metal GW sculpt from like 1998.

e: It occurred to me I should probably link the Kickstarter I got the halfling from, as Westfalia's main website seems to be borked until August.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath ten Tomb Guard and eleven wound markers. Tomb Guard are by GW and the wound markers are scratch-built, I think the gravestones themselves are from Mantic.

thespaceinvader posted:

Approved!

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath complete!

This guy's looking awesome. Congratulations on being the first tryhard! :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Rogue Idol, with some added glow in the middle

Cleric guy, speedpainted per my post here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818112&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post473269927

BSB, for the Jurnal

A neat and tidy painting space!

Claiming Jurnal, Spic & Span and Need 4 Speed.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath(s) complete!

Finished the treeman and the zombies. I also tried to go for the monthly challenge, but after designing the whole flag and painting it I noticed I missed a letter! Glad it was not a tattoo...
So now I have to redo the whole thing, sadly that will have to wait till next month, but I did include a photo of the messed up one below.

Edit: Ooops, this is embarrassing, zombie number 11 was not this month's oath, he was a previous month. Zombie #15 is the one that was part of the oath:

Sorry about that, too many zombies.

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 28, 2017

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete!

Claiming Raise Your Flag and Take one for the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The One-Two Punch
Dec 10, 2008
Oath Complete!

I finished my Warchanter and a group of 'ardboys.

Although its a bit basic, I'm claiming Raise Your Flag and Take one for the team for the squad. I am not too pleased with how their armour looks a bit dull but they're just line troops, so I'm moving on. Ive adjusted my technique going forwards.

They will be all be hanging out with the Brutes and Shaman below.

I would have added them to the oath for this month but forgot to take before photos.

The One-Two Punch fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 29, 2017

• Locked thread