Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!
s like really sensitive and the tag on ur clothes like irritates it and it kinda hurts but not really, its more like ur aware of that part of ur body more

then a while later it goes away

what is that??? its super annoying. well, a little annoying. like how its annoying when u realize u have to breathe on purpose when u start thinking about it i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

yeah I've gotten that thing every once in a while especially on the inner part of my fo rearm it's weird but in the end not a big deal

alnilam

I also have a weird thing where i really really can't stand things touching my sternum

Plebian Parasite

I don't know about that business but I got this weird half callous half blister on my foot where apparently I got a really big splinter and every month on the dot I'll pull another tiny chunk of it out and I don't know whether it was like a huge rear end piece of wood that got broken up by me walking on it all the time or whether I'm just part tree now but itd be kinda cool if it wasn't so obnoxious.

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

Plebian Parasite posted:

I don't know about that business but I got this weird half callous half blister on my foot where apparently I got a really big splinter and every month on the dot I'll pull another tiny chunk of it out and I don't know whether it was like a huge rear end piece of wood that got broken up by me walking on it all the time or whether I'm just part tree now but itd be kinda cool if it wasn't so obnoxious.

if u were part tree that would be pretty cool tho haha. might make smoking weed kinda awkward i guess

cda

by Hand Knit
sounds likle when someone's chewingtheir food and you can hear it really loud and it drives you nuts, only with your clothes instead

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

Plebian Parasite posted:

hmm it is sort of silly to play internet doctor especially when someone (like me) doesn't have a whit of medical training and can't examine you etc but this sounds vaguely like it could be a plantar wart, you might want to google that but for the love of god don't gis it

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

Manifisto posted:

hmm it is sort of silly to play internet doctor especially when someone (like me) doesn't have a whit of medical training and can't examine you etc but this sounds vaguely like it could be a plantar wart, you might want to google that but for the love of god don't gis it

is it called a plantar wart because there is a plant inside u

alnilam

i think it's named for its discoverer, the planters peanuts fancy peanut gentleman

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

alnilam posted:

I also have a weird thing where i really really can't stand things touching my sternum

this sounds rough my man :( i hope it does not apply to ur clothes, it would be inconvenient if u couldnt wear a shirt and/or jacket

Manifisto

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

is it called a plantar wart because there is a plant inside u

while reluctant to pretend to be a doctor I have no such reservations about pretending to be an etymologist, I'm going to give that a firm yes

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

alnilam posted:

i think it's named for its discoverer, the planters peanuts fancy peanut gentleman

Manifisto posted:

while reluctant to pretend to be a doctor I have no such reservations about pretending to be an etymologist, I'm going to give that a firm yes

this is great because ill be happy whichever is true :)

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!
whoa or even both could be true, that would be really nice

Senior Management

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n8fn7k9NiE

:jerry:

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Try meditation. You can be aware of your whole body all the time, continually. It's great, super irritating

Peg Sliderskew
Oh god, you mean that thing where it's like a little splinter has been woven into your clothes somewhere like behind your knee and it's constantly poking you but when you take your clothes off and patiently feel every last millimetre of the cloth there is nothing there and then when you put them back on it immediately starts again and it makes you crazy with rage?

No, I don't get that.

Courtesy of Manifisto

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
I once had a needle in my underwear because I was patching them up (darn4lyfe) and forgot to take it out. When I wore them out and about later I was convinced it was a beetle biting at my balls in the least sexy way and furiously tried to get it out of my pants.

I was not relieved to figure out it was just a small metal needle gently stabbing my balls all day.

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

s like really sensitive and the tag on ur clothes like irritates it and it kinda hurts but not really, its more like ur aware of that part of ur body more

what is that??? its super annoying. well, a little annoying. like how its annoying when u realize u have to breathe on purpose when u start thinking about it i guess.

real post this could be caused by herpes (even if the symptom you are talking about is not happening on your No Touch Zone)

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

hockey jockey posted:

Oh god, you mean that thing where it's like a little splinter has been woven into your clothes somewhere like behind your knee and it's constantly poking you but when you take your clothes off and patiently feel every last millimetre of the cloth there is nothing there and then when you put them back on it immediately starts again and it makes you crazy with rage?

No, I don't get that.

thats a little different but i get that one too. its good u dont though! :)

Doctor Dogballs posted:

real post this could be caused by herpes (even if the symptom you are talking about is not happening on your No Touch Zone)

whoa thats wild. luckily i have been tested as negative recently and I havent gotten laid since then like a dang old loser :/

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
Op I had a mildly severe case of this just a couple of this just a couple of weeks ago and there are a handful of likely causes. First is nonrestorative sleep, a symptom of insomnia. Second is nerve irritation or inflammation. This was the cause of my skin sensitivity brought on by 8-10 hours of continuous automobile operation. Pain can sometimes be experienced in seemingly unrelated areas of the body in relation to the perceived source due to how the nervous system is interconnected. This is "referred pain". The third cause I found is fibromyalgia but let's hope/assume that is not your problemo.

Plebian Parasite

Manifisto posted:

i looked around and i'm pretty sure its not a planters wart. I actually am pretty sure its just a real big splinter, i think i got it when i was sliding around my parents old wood floors in my socks and hit a section where the finish had worn down.

alnilam

Plebian Parasite posted:

i think i got it when i was sliding around my parents old wood floors in my socks and hit a section where the finish had worn down.

This is the most fun activity and is worth any splinters you may have picked up

whoa thats wild. luckily i have been tested as negative recently and I havent gotten laid since then like a dang old loser :/

If you had chicken pox as a kid you have dormant herpes in u (a diff kind than the sexy kind tho), I've actually always wondered if dormant chicken pox can cause occasional weird nerve things like this but idk

not-fun bonus fact when i get old the dormant chickrn pox in me and anyone else who had the pox will likely someday awaken and become shingles :negative:

Manifisto

Plebian Parasite posted:

i looked around and i'm pretty sure its not a planters wart. I actually am pretty sure its just a real big splinter, i think i got it when i was sliding around my parents old wood floors in my socks and hit a section where the finish had worn down.

i would pay good money to see the outtakes where this happened to tom cruise

I am mostly curious to see what types of curse words he is partial to

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
Plantar warts suck

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
Hopefully it's not bonus eruptus which is when the skeleton tries to leap out of the body.

poverty goat

There's a natural rhythm governing which nostril is best for breathing at any given time (the nasal cycle), and it swaps back and forth every 2.5 hours or so. Usually most people don't notice it at all but this is why when you're sick you might have one good nostril at a time and it moves back and forth.

You aren't supposed to notice it, and noticing it is considered a possible indicator of sinus problems. So now I've basically just made all of you sick by pointing it out. Sorry.

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

slowm posted:

Hopefully it's not bonus eruptus which is when the skeleton tries to leap out of the body.

i had this but i started wearing a good helmet and very tight clothes all the time and now im good

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Plebian Parasite posted:

I had that happen to me once, very severely, had to do some on-the-spot surgery to get the piece of wood out, and never slid around on wood floors again.

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Your username is one of the best i've ever seen

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

Hogge Wild posted:

Your username is one of the best i've ever seen

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!
:blush:

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

hockey jockey posted:

No, I don't get that.

hey man i just realized that u may have been making a joke and were not serious when u said u don't get this happenin to u. I just want to say that if u wanna talk about it, we can do that here in this thread. it can be a safe space for us to talk about weird body feelings. it's a no judgement zone here :)

Plebian Parasite

I am going to continue to say that I have a bug bite on my rear end and not a zit despite the fact that the logistics of a single bug making its way under my covers and through my underpants to bite my rear end specifically and not be crushed by the heft of my body as I shift throughout the night is a mind boggling feat.

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!
dude it's ok, it's not ur fault. some mosquitos can bite all the way through ur dang jeans, u never stood a chance :( we are here for u

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I get a hot spot on my left forearm every couple months that itches til I scratch it then it burns all prickly terrible and still itches

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!
another annoying type of itch that can happen is when u get a mosquito or maybe a fire ant bite like right on ur knuckle. its gonna itch like crazy but when u finally itch it it doesnt really help, it just feels kinda sore but still itchy, but somehow thats better than the just itchy feeling, weirdly

the body is a strange and v mysterious thing

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

alnilam posted:

not-fun bonus fact when i get old the dormant chickrn pox in me and anyone else who had the pox will likely someday awaken and become shingles :negative:

i didnt have chicken pox til my sophomore year of college and even though i had a doctors not i had to argue with a couple professors about why i had been out. one was really old and swore up and down that this had never happened before so it couldnt

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

another annoying type of itch that can happen is when u get a mosquito or maybe a fire ant bite like right on ur knuckle. its gonna itch like crazy but when u finally itch it it doesnt really help, it just feels kinda sore but still itchy, but somehow thats better than the just itchy feeling, weirdly

the body is a strange and v mysterious thing

god fire ants are the worst

some itch, some burn

i actually told an entymologist friend that i could tell the different kinds from how they bit and she said, yeah that happens. s c i e n c e !

Macnult

I find that if I'm out in the sun for too long it's as if I'm being cooked alive, but if I time it just right I look fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

god fire ants are the worst

some itch, some burn

i actually told an entymologist friend that i could tell the different kinds from how they bit and she said, yeah that happens. s c i e n c e !

a nice thing when ur not in the south is that when ur chillin and u see an ant, u cant just keeping hanging out with that ant, and it wont bite u like a dang jerk

• Locked thread