Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

This thread is great.

I don't have any bad date stories per se, but I do have a couple of bad almost-date stories. Not sure if I should share them though.

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

men are peepee doodoo

Every day, in every way. :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
When did this become the "share your dumb opinions about beauty standards" thread?

When I was a kid I was very much a shut-in (like today! :v:). There was this one girl I was chatting with online, turns out she actually lived in my town in the middle of nowhere, and was a year younger than me! She constantly talks about her boyfriend, and eventually says they broke up, but she really misses him, and hey wouldn't I like to hang out? So I go to her place, I think driven there by her Mom, who left us alone. We watched Star Wars or something, and I thought we had a nice time. I remember hoping that she would be interested in me eventually, once she got over her ex.

Months later I hear that she complained to a mutual acquaintance that she was disappointed I didn't make any moves. I did want to, but I mean, she had been missing her boyfriend, it would be impolite to even suggest anything of that nature, right? :shrug:

This was probably my only date as a teenager.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yeah, the proper way to do it is to do nothing to wreck their marriage; let them do that themselves! ???

I mainly posted that so I could post:

My favorite story like this is someone I know who is married but was having a full-blown affair after a few years...with a guy in a relationship...and when that guy would not leave his girlfriend, she started banging other guys and lying to her affair partner about it because he demanded she be "monogamous" with him (monogamy not, obviously, including what she did with her husband).

I am not 100% sure how that all turned out but I gotta say, you need to take a step back and contemplate what it is you are doing if you and your affair partner are both in relationships and you think the concept of monogamy has any bearing on your lives.

It's called polyfidelity. Look it up! :rolleyes:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dr. Quarex posted:

Well that virtually makes sense compared to what they are doing.

Does it, though? Does it really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dave_Indeed posted:

Like 10 years ago I got a pof chick to come over for a date but I was already extremely drunk and made her drive me to the bowling alley on league night so we couldn't even bowl... but we ate hotdogs at the bowling alley grill and I invited her to come back to my house to bone thereafter. An offer of which she politely declined and then never spoke to me again.

Your loss whore.

What's a "pof chick"?

• Locked thread