Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Had a date with a cute Scottish girl that went really well over the course of multiple beers until she started ranting about the Jews. Not all Jews were bad, mind you, she was just concerned about (((international Jewry))). She told me she was only joking afterwards, but she seemed to know a bit too much about the subject to not be half-serious about it.

Still considered texting her later on, though. Never had another date with her, but I saw her around on campus and at parties, and we had polite talk, but she was always totally drunk and making any plans other than "I'll see you around I guess" was impossible. Maybe it was for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Malthuras posted:

I took out two different girls that could not have a conscious thought or opinion.

I suggested something, it sounded good. I offered options, it was whatever I wanted. I said my opinion on something, they agreed.

I even had one go where I mentioned something about cats, and they were like "Oh yea I don't really like cats, etc" and my reply was that I kinda liked cats. Then she goes "Well you know cats aren't all bad, I really don't mind them sometimes"

They were probably conditioned to be demure or some poo poo like that. If talking back gave them bad dating experiences the first few times, or they have a mom who reminds them before every date to "be nice".

Casimir Radon posted:

Loudly "joking" about it in public is a major red flag.

Definitely. It's like code to find someone who agrees with you, but leaving you the option to back out if your conversation partner doesn't.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Pick posted:

I wasn't on a date with the guy as such, but he said to me that if men decided to enslave women again he'd "take me and keep me safe"

"Again"? Either he's witnessed some crazy poo poo or he's misremembering his ancient history classes.

Either way not a good start. Nor end. Nor middle, really.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I want to believe them because they're funny.

I just remembered a "date" from my high school. I studied Latin then and we had quite a sizeable class, and a girl I was crushing on asked me if we could compare our Latin tests before the exams to study together. We were on good terms and this kind of thing happened during the lead-up to exams in our class, so I said "sure, where you wanna meet up?" And she said "Your place, maybe?"

She wanted to go immediately.

I hadn't registered this as a date though because a) I was a 16 year-old nerd, b) she had a boyfriend from another school, though looking back, maybe she was lying about that back then. Can't recall anyone ever meeting the guy. And c) My grandparents were actually at my place, because they came to visit every Wednesday.

The "date", such as it was, consisted of awkward small talk at lunch with my grandparents who would not stop giving us extra servings, and then us, completely stuffed, heading to my room to compare tests.

Granted we did actually get a lot of studying done.

Afterwards, she removed her sandals and sat on my bed and we started talking about whatever. It was around this point that I got the nagging feeling like maybe she wanted to do more than study? But I thought "naw, she has a boyfriend, I'm probably imagining things because I'm crushing on her."

She pointed out the tanlines on her toes from her sandals, and we discussed her loving tan lines for half an hour before she thanked me and left.

This date was super tame compared to the other stories here, but still. We had high school together for another 2 years, then 4 years at the same university. There have to be at least some of those days where she saw me and thought "oh yeah, this guy's grandparents fed us three servings of mashed potatoes and stew." as the high point in our teenage years of making bad passes at each other.

Nobody I know has ever seen her alleged boyfriend from back then either.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Elsa posted:

this is the nicest story I've read in a long time. Also sorry you took latin, why did I do that and why was it offered wtf

I had a lot of fun with Latin. It's actually one of the most common things to study in high school in Belgium. (Also not quite as hard for French-speaking students as for Anglophones.)

• Locked thread