Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

sneakyfrog posted:

I met a girl on OKC once that pretty much hit all the checkboxes for hipster record store girl, We went out to a bar and its was the most boring thing ever since i know nothing about indie music, and apparently was the only thing she wanted to talk about, so i emergency called my single friend who was into indie music, waited for him to show up and then just went home.

So did they get married or what???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

TwoStepBoog posted:

Was a second or third date. We were gonna grab a couple drinks at a German bar in town.
While walking down the sidewalk on our way there, we run into a friend of mine (D) who was with another couple I've never met before. D says we should all grab drinks together since they were heading to the same place. I say sure after my date nods.
We all sit at a table and D grabs a Boot for the table to start us off. The other couple are silent this whole time and refuse the boot when D tries to pass it to them. D then tries to pass it to my date who then says she doesn't like beer. The awkwardness starts to sink in.
D tries to get the other couple to talk, but it's becoming painfully clear they don't want to be here. The dude is giving one word answers. The girl isn't saying anything.
My date doesn't seem to notice any of this, and begins telling the disinterested couple about her life while me and D pass a Boot back and forth. I'm trying to finish this thing as quick as possible, but D is as oblivious as my date and takes his sweet time.
I'm getting uncomfortable now and freeze up. The other couple is now noticeably angry. My date starts mentioning out-loud that I'm acting strange all of a sudden.
I try to snap myself out of it, and start to bring up a fun story to D. My date then says, out-loud, "see, that's better!" and I freeze again because what the gently caress. The other couple is now just staring at the floor. D is sitting in his stool just happy to be out, I guess.
I slam back the rest of the Boot, take it back to the bar, say my good byes to the group, and walk outside with my date. I say my goodbye to her there before we both grab ubers and take off. I text her that night and say things aren't going to work out.

Uh so did you ever find out from D what the deal was with the other couple, like why he was with them and stuff?

• Locked thread