Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I once took a girl home from the bar to a house party at my place. I passed out drunk and she slept with my house mate :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Deltasquid posted:

"Again"? Either he's witnessed some crazy poo poo or he's misremembering his ancient history classes.

Either way not a good start. Nor end. Nor middle, really.

likely just watched the first episode of the new Handmaids Tale series

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

Eh, you'd be surprised. I had the exact same scenario but just with more elapsed time. Went on a date, nothing really happened for a while, then she contacts out of the blue a few months later. Even asked if I was seeing anyone. So yeah I immediately assumed that since our date she had bad luck in the dating scene and was slinking back for a remorseful hookup, which is something I would have shamefully indulged unlike this guy.

HOWEVER, further investigation revealed that she was not looking for sex, or even a date. She said she wanted to be friends (specifically, friends) because she "needed male perspective in her life". I was immediately reminded of a dude in one her profile pictures who she said was her (former?) "gay best friend". So I had to take it the facts of the situation.

1) Specifically stated "friends only".
2) Lives 30-45 minutes away in a lovely, hot town.
3) Few common interests.
4) The situation seems to suggest a psychological void that I'd be expected to fill (bad business).
5) The fact that I thought she was really hot would complicate point 1 significantly.
6) The spectre of the gay best friend.

I said "sure, we can be friends" and there has been zero communication in either direction since that (several weeks ago).

lol

as a rule i find its best not to try being friends with someone you want to gently caress. female friends are fine of course, so long as they start that way. once we go on a date and fool around thats the end of friends. my ego can not tolerate being downgraded.

your strategy works better though, i think i am going to try that. just say "sure" then ignore them. much less effort

• Locked thread