Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
I've had a few awful dates in my time. Here's one I consider a 50/50 her/my fault:

I was fresh out of a long term relationship and wasn't looking for anything serious. I met this girl on OKC and her profile was pics of her partying at clubs and out with her friends and her profile mentioned how much she liked to go out and dance and stay out late and poo poo. She was cute too.

So I asked her to grab drinks at a bar across town and we agreed to meet up. I got to the bar about half an hour early for some reason so I ordered a bourbon and coke to take the edge off my nerves. This was probably a poor decision on my part because I hadn't eaten much that day, but I digress.

She sent me a text message that she was running late because there was a big accident on the highway and she's be late, so I said no big deal and ordered another bourbon.

I finished the second bourbon right about the time she showed up. And of course because it was OKC she was about 20 lbs heavier than any of her pictures and she was dressed like a librarian. She ordered a beer and I ordered another bourbon and I asked her about what she had been up to lately, if she had found any cool new bars or clubs or night spots and she told me how actually her friend wrote her profile for her and how she more enjoyed staying in and reading most weekends.

I don't remember much else of the night except that I was drunk, laughing way too hard at my own jokes, and literally SLAMMING my palm on the wooden table to emphasize the punchlines to my amusing anecdotes with which I was regaling her.

There was no second date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Here's another quick one:

I sent out on a date with an Asian girl (I'm a white guy) and the date went really well. We ended up back at my place for a night cap and practically as soon as I opened my door she started going through every closet in my house. Like, flipping through my shirts and blazers and coats and stuff.

I didn't really mind because all she was going to find were the aforementioned coats and shirts but she was looking REALLY HARD.

"You looking for something?"
"You don't have any kimonos do you?"
"Kimonos?"
"Yes, kimonos. You're not hiding any kimonos are you?"
"What? No. Why would I be?"
"Ugh. I have dated so many white guys who want me to wear a kimono for them and be some sort of weird Asian stereotype"
"That's a thing?"
"You'd be surprised"

I told her I didn't own a kimono or any replica swords, and hadn't watched anime since the 7th grade. We had a hearty laugh together about weeaboos and then proceeded to make out for a few hours. Good times.

The next week she told me she was going back to her ex-boyfriend to try and make it work.

• Locked thread