Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I had a date with a smokin' Lebanese lady one time and she couldn't stop talking about startup culture or getting canned from Facebook or Donnie (this was a day after the travel ban came down the pipe) then when the check came the waiter said my card declined. My card wasn't actually bad, the waiter was just being twee but she'd given me a really weird look about it.

Turned out her sister was an investment banker and her parents were a doctor/lawyer combo. There was no second date.

Another time I feel trap to the ol perspective in photography trick. Turned out she was a plus size model and most of what she wanted to talk about was "#blacklivesmatter" protests. Fortunately the bowling alley had a bar. There was no second date.

Essentially dating is like a job interview excerpt somehow more mortifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I went on a date with a lady who was an electrical engineer. I kept asking her questions about electrical engineering because honestly, it's really cool and I'm interested as to what makes people tick and why they get into their field. Much like the other lady I went on a date with who wouldn't shut up about startup culture, this lady had self-image issues because her not much older brother was a doctor and her mom kept pressuring her to have kids and her dad was not in the equation. She ghosted me after one date, but gently caress it I had a nice time. I think she thought I was wildly uneducated or something, I dunno. At least it I found a nice bar afterwards.

• Locked thread