Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Wangsbig posted:

she meowed like a cat throughout the entire gently caress

was this your date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

PureEvil6_13 posted:

One weekend I made out with girl I met at some party and got her number. A few weeks later I go to take her out on a date. She barely speaks to me. While we're driving through town I'm trying to get some conversation out of her, and I end up rear ending a car load of bro's. There isn't much damage to their car and the driver bro just says his dad will buy him another one (?) and they take off.
The girl was not impressed and made an effort to be awkward the rest of the night.

crashing the car is one way to generate conversation

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

drat.

Also if you had just told his wife she was desireable you could have spared her years of abuse.

cheating on your wife is abuse?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

a 60-something multi-multi millionaire once took me on a date to a french restaurant, which he bought out for that evening

should have married him

wasn't this a kimmy schmidt episode?

Smash it Smash hit posted:

can you imagine being so autistic that you have to buy out a whole restraunt so you wont have to be around anyone else?

howard hughes was a great man

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 4, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
So once I went on a date with a woman who listed on her OKC she was Vegan.

Suggested a middle eastern place since they had a lot of stuff she could eat - stuffed grape leaves, hummice, falafel, etc.... I'm not but I was also down to expand my palate.

She showed up, and looked nothing like her picture. We'd had a lot of shared interests and it was my lunch break so I figured I'd still eat lunch and just follow up later that there hadn't been a spark or some polite BS.

We had a decent convo, I was having a nice time. The meal ended and I asked if she was interested in desert, since they have good baklava.

"UH, did you FORGET I'm a VEGAN?" she borderline yelled.

"Huh?" I responded

"BAKLAVA USES HONEY, TAKEN FROM INNOCENT BEES" she yelled, slamming her hands on the table to express her displeasure.

She spent the rest of the date (me gesturing furiously for the check for 2 min then dropping some bills down to GTFO) loudly lecturing me about how taking bees honey is abusive and how this probably isn't a match given my lack of respect for her beliefs.

:/

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Edit: wrong thread

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm kinda confused since it's been posted about at least twice here but how are goons meeting people online, going on an entire date, and never getting the person's name? that's one of the first things they ask me or i ask them. do you exchange numbers without knowing their names when you're messaging each other on okc or whatever. this is loving bizarre lmao

I've actually noticed a good indication of whether someone will ghost on OkCupid is if they never give their name when making plans.

I also had one woman who agreed to a date and time to meet up (after work cocktails near the White House - very classy), then flipped out when I asked for her name. S

She had one of those profiles where all her photos are her in a group. Everyone in these groups seemed attractive, and we had a lot of mutual interests, but I don't feel like walking up to every white brunette in a DC asking if they're kstreetpunk89, so I followed up confirming the date and asking her name.

She replied the fact I was already "pushing her boundaries" by repeatedly asking for her name made her feel unsafe and we would NOT be meeting. She then either deleted her account or blocked me.

(I'd signed my date idea message with my first name, but never explicitly asked for hers until that point)

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
someone should make a fake lowtax okc profile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
someone dug up assange's okcupid profile once

http://mashable.com/2010/12/13/julian-assange-okcupid/

• Locked thread