Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Seeking opinions. A couple of years ago I had two cats and a dog. Now, with the demise in February of this handsome guy due to liver problems, I have no cats and a dog.
So it's been a couple of months and we are now talking about getting a new feline. I always try to convince my husband to get an adult animal, a year or so old, and he always wants to go for a little'un. So we introduced our dog to the cats when the dog was a puppy and the cats were grown, and they took care of schooling him in the proper treatment of cats.
My dog is a border collie mix, strong prey drive. He will chase cats, but he did not chase HIS cats, and I think if we introduce them properly they will get along. I actually feel like he felt a signficant loss, when that cat went off to the vet for the very last time, and he's very sensitive so of course he knew we were sad. They were pals.
Now our usual way to get a cat is as follows: Step 1, decide you need a cat, Step 2, cat appears. Maybe strolls into yard, maybe some friend becomes allergic but something always comes up, so we may not actually have a choice here.
But, if we have a choice, should we go for a kitten, or for an adult cat?

Rhymes With Clue fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
If you want a kitten you really should get 2 so they can burn off their energy on each other. Kittens are insane and if there's only 1 the dog probably will fight with it/chase it because kitten will try to play with dog in an assholey, claw-y kitten way.

See: any kitten video, for example, this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2mTWTWXS7k

Warm Fish Salad
Dec 16, 2016

You Compleat Me
The answer is always two kittens! Or, adopt a bonded pair of adult cats! We have two bonded pairs at my petsmart right now that are wonderful, but they haven't been adopted yet because nobody wants to take two cats. :(

• Locked thread