Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There's no way Starz won't completely gently caress them over and block Jones from protraying Anansi in this show, they seem to hate him for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Old man Nancy is at least enough of a different character that I'm not going to be mad if it's someone other than Orlando, even though he did a great job updating him for the current era.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
For how little screentime he got, I can't imagine Anansi any other way now. Took like 3 harry potter movies before they overwrote my internal imagined faces, but one scene with Anansi.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I see, The Sandman TV adaptation is finally coming to fruition! :w00t:

Anansi Boys was a pretty good book though, glad to see it being adapted.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/drmuig/status/1420400166369169411?s=19

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

quote:

Lindo will star as Anansi/Mr. Nancy.

Booooooooo.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

On the other hand, he is a fantastic actor.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Oh yeah, no disrespect to Delroy Lindo. He's great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, Delroy Lindo is awesome. I hope Orlando Jones is involved in some way though, he was great and one of the few shining lights of the second season, and they absolutely hosed him over :mad:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
anansi was the best thing about this horrible show

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Ian McShane is always the best part of any show he is in.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Oasx posted:

Ian McShane is always the best part of any show he is in.

You could tell fairly blatantly he was having a hoot playing an absolute jack-rear end. It helps that Shadow, both the character and the actor, played well off his assholish ways.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I just got around to watching and got to Lemon Scented You and put the best line of the episode into Google and found this thread. I guess this dead website and I belong together.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
You're a loving rear end in a top hat, dead show

There should be a special warning before you start binge watching a series that got cancelled on a cliffhanger ... That's my very generous review of the problems anyway.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

G-Spot Run posted:

You're a loving rear end in a top hat, dead show

There should be a special warning before you start binge watching a series that got cancelled on a cliffhanger ... That's my very generous review of the problems anyway.

Just read the book. It's infinitely better.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Does the book have Ian McShane?

I rest my case, your honour :colbert:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Rappaport posted:

Does the book have Ian McShane?

Yes.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm sure mister Wednesday is present, but oh you know what fine, read books

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The audiobook voice for Wednesday sounds almost identical to Ian McShane. So, hey.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

And it can get you in the mood to continue to S-tier audiobook Anansi Boys

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I wish they would remake Neverwhere. It was originally a BBC show but suffers horribly from being made in the mid 90s. An updated version with a real budget would be awesome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shooting Blanks posted:

I wish they would remake Neverwhere. It was originally a BBC show but suffers horribly from being made in the mid 90s. An updated version with a real budget would be awesome.

Yeah I never watched the show but read the book a couple times so a few years ago I decided to finally track it down and watch it and hooooo boy I couldn't get past the first episode. Soap opera camera to the max.

Luckily Stardust still holds up as a great movie fight me

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Medullah posted:

Yeah I never watched the show but read the book a couple times so a few years ago I decided to finally track it down and watch it and hooooo boy I couldn't get past the first episode. Soap opera camera to the max.

This just reminder me that I never got my copy of Stardust from my pal I lent it to. Wonder if she's read it yet lol

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Medullah posted:

I powered through it, but it was rough. The story is great, though - and since a script already exists, it shouldn't be too difficult to update it vs. developing a screenplay from scratch based on a book.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I watched Neverwhere as it aired, and own it on DVD. Loved it then, love it now. The budget does show, but there is some creative use of what little they had*, and the cast are fantastic. Only thing it really suffers from in my eyes is the video quality is piss poor in that 1990s filmed cheaply on video way. Honestly as much as I love the story, I dont know I'd love a remake as much. I'm sure it would get the budget to actually have an impressive looking Great Beast of London and so on, but a) I think it would lose some of its charm and b) Theres no loving way you are beating the cast of the original. They nailed the casting first time. gently caress, the Marquis de Carabas is the reason that for the last 25+ years whenever the question "Who would you cast as the next Doctor?" is bandied about, I immediately say "Paterson Joseph".

*Full disclosure, I'm also a doctor who fan, so as much as I love expensive prestige TV I'm fully willing to accept a shoestring budget in my sci fi/fantasy.

Edit to add: Also, gently caress remaking something that was good already, make a sequel instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Paterson Joseph would be a baller Doctor.