Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I was just going to ask when it might show up on amazon/starz (yay free trial) and apparently the answer is right the gently caress now. So, yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"With panache"

Alright yeah this is good.

edit now that i've actually finished the first episode:

I've read the book, but it's been 10 (or more) years since then so there's a nice mix of "oh that looks perfect" and "i don't remember that, is that new?". I'm seriously looking forward to next week and hope it stays as awesome as the first one was.

And just a heads up: the next episode preview has some major spoilers, so avoid that if you're particularly spoiler adverse.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 30, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wore his contacts too long, probably.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Like I said, before the Marvel movies nobody knew who that person was.

Eh, if you were reading the book because you were a Gaiman fan you sure did.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

The way they've redone Technical Boy is so good.

I don't even know what he looked like in my mind before because now that's what he always looked and acted like.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Is it really synthetic when there seemed to be an actual frog in the drat thing?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh, good point.

"You think that's frog you're smoking?"
--Morpheus (probably)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

It really does

Gonna need a gif of Cloris Leachman chugging that bottle of vodka

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh poo poo they release it early? Do you know if Amazon Starz subscribers get it?

Yes indeed that's where i watch it. It comes out at Midnight Eastern on saturday night/sunday morning and i watched it at 9 Pacific.
It feels vaguely illicit somehow, but it sure is cool.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

01E3 a summary by Shadow Moon

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It aired almost three hours ago?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gently caress YOooooooooouu

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Spin-off road trip series featuring Audrey, Laura, and Laura's Arm please.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Chernabog posted:

New thread title IMO.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

try the new taco place posted:

Good news for the thread about the American Gods TV show - the 5th episode is live on my cable on demand. I haven't checked, but I would assume it's also on Starz Play and all other cable providers.

It is and it appears to be jumbo sized.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mr. World owns and Crispin Glover was amazing, I'm not surprised by that because he's great, but man oh man

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

And More posted:

So, it's spot the David Bowie lyrics this week on American Gods. :allears:

I got:
Oh, You Pretty Thing[s] - the same
You've got your transmission and your live wire - Rebel Rebel
Your circuit's dead - Space Oddity
Take a look at [the lawman] beating up the wrong guy - Life on Mars?
[It's the] terror [of] knowing what [this] world is about - Under Pressure
Putting out fire with gasoline - Cat People
Starm[a]n - the same

edit: Also, that motel's got some big-rear end bathrooms and the bathtub looked like an ashtray.

Hello new playlist.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

So ready for a spinoff featuring just those two. Vegas roadtrip with Laura and Sweeney!

We'll have to split the timelines because we need one with Laura, Audrey, and Laura's Arm too

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

good

e: at first i just posted it because it made me laugh, but now that i watch it loop i realize and love that there are a lot of emotions from the both of them in such a tiny little timespan. Good stuff.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm still laughing about this.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bobulus posted:

So what the heck was that plant thing in the police station at the end? It looked like a wood knothole turned into an eye, and then a root shot out of the eye and grew up through the lady cop. And then attacked Shadow. That doesn't seem thematic with Media, Tech Boy, or Mr. World, from what we've seen.

No idea, i think that's going to be a "keep watching" moment.

I feel bad for that lady cop, she thought she thought she was going to learn some Cool and Weird poo poo and instead learned that gods and humans intersecting doesn't always turn out so well for mortals.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Some nice still shots of and some minor interpretation of the (amazing) opening credits.

http://imgur.com/a/bQkSk

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pleases stop stealing my cab.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ya know, it's funny; last night right after finishing the episode i wasn't feeling overly positive about it, but now as i think back (and read about scenes here and elsewhere) i feel like i like it a lot more. Still not as strong as some of the others, but not by as big of a margin.

Maybe i was just in a lousy tv-watchin mood, who knows?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gonna be a long wait 'til next season.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Knorth posted:

Wait, is this only going to be an 8 episode season? That'd be a shame but I guess I'm glad they've been renewed already, I think

Yep, and yes it has.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Easter: Ah yes, I have indeed planned the perfect party!

Wednesday: Yo.

Easter: poo poo

Media: Yoo-hoo!

Mad Sweeney: All right, Easter?

Laura: *coughs maggots into the sink*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

awesome. great.

quote:

Kristin Chenoweth, the actress who plays Germanic goddess of the dawn Easter on the series, spoke to Variety about her status for the show possibly changing. She says it's Fuller who asked her to join the series, given their shared history on the show Pushing Daisies. "When Bryan was the showrunner, I was coming back for several episodes, but I don't know now," she says. "It depends on who it is and if they think I add value or not

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/after-losing-showrunners-now-american-gods-star-ma/1100-6455370/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a