Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Welp, I'm in.

That first episode was incredible and so far the casting has been amazing.

Ian McShane is obviously absurd but Pablo Schreiber as Mad Sweeney worked so drat well it was kind of astonishing.

gently caress, why is there only one episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

DentD posted:

I've read the book a couple times (and listened to the audiobook once) and love it. Ian McShane is perfect as Wednesday (despite him being very much not what I pictured when I first read the books). I like that Audrey was somehow more and less likeable here.

I'm not sure how I feel on the visuals. Everything seems too textured and muddy, Also holy bokeh, it's a little much at times.

Agreed on the McShane and Audrey fronts.

I quite like the visuals. Bryan Fuller always has such a unique visual style for each show which I think adds a lot to experience.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 30, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

precision posted:

My only issue is that they're taking things really slow. I had thought the first episode would have gotten us at least to the point of meeting Mr. Nansi. I'm not exactly complaining, but a couple things did feel like genuine filler (the fight with Mad Sweeney, if not his entire scene really).

Don't know if you've read the book but that sequence with Mad Sweeney is not actually filler.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I really liked Anansi being a mixture of the old version of the god, a tarantula, and a modern man in a suit. I guess I won't comment on what I think about Stomare's character because everyone got upset last time. It's a bit frustrating that it goes so deep into one part of the story but we only get tiny snippets of other people. I'm not really interested in whatever the hell Bilquis or whoever is doing. But I want to know more about Anansi and Gillian Anderson's character.

Good news, Anansi and Gillian Anderson are supposed to have a good amount of screen time this season.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Gorgeous