Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Terror Sweat posted:

They have crispin Glover so they felt the need to have him in every episode acting like a Saturday morning cartoon villain in his evil lair

Those scenes were uniformly terrible. Hopefully the new showrunner realizes that crispin glover looking at the camera and giving a villain monologue every few minutes was the worst part of a bad season. The whole evil lair sucked- I'm gonna go ahead and pray to both the old and new gods that it gets dropped.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Love the book and loved season one and I'm honestly baffled that there's going to be a season three (and potentially a season four?!) after the second season. In the spirit of the book, I can only interpret it as the punishment exacted upon us to zero out some kind of horrific karmic debt we've collectively accrued.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

DamnGlitch posted:

Gf and I are visiting house on the rock tomorrow, I’m not sure ive ever been, she saw gaiman there for an event in like 2009 “gathering of the gods”

Even though I liked the third season it was a bit like a crippled animal after the seasons season. So a bit of downer it got canceled immediately before our trip but we’ll still have fun.

i went there a few years ago and the place is genuinely weird. the guy desperately wanted to be frank lloyd wright, but whereas FLW created cool, interesting spaces, house on the rock guy just made a building where every single inch of it is odd and off-putting. then there's the museum where they give him a sycophantic hagiographic treatment that feels like a minor version of the kim family in north korea, and then there's the endless collection of old crap and weird spaces they've built since then.

not interesting enough to visit again, but i give it a few points for being the product of personality cult built around someone with a clearly diseased mind.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

DamnGlitch posted:

It’s easy to feel why gaiman would sense like there’s some sort of American divinity there.

it's a peek at america's diseased soul, yes