Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

try the new taco place posted:

I've never read one word of Neil Gaiman and haven't liked anything I've seen in movies/TV related to him.

What media have you even seen related to him? I mean I'm not really aware of that many adaptations and I thought Gaiman was typically pretty stingy with his work.

Anyways, looking forward to this for Bryan Fuller and Neil Gaiman working together. I only just started reading some Gaiman stuff like a year ago, American Gods and then the follow-up Anansi Boys, now I'm working my way through Sandman. His work has its ups and downs but it's always engaging and entertaining even at its not-so-great.

e: I really just want to see them go to Fairy Tale Caverns in Rock City (like on-location and not a facsimile). That place is a trippy nightmare even outside the context of a Gaiman story, and House on the Rock I've heard is even worse (or better depending on how you look at it).

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Entropic posted:

It's been ages since I read the book, but Audrey barely showed up at all, she was just mentioned in passing, right?

I also haven't read it in ages but I remember it the same way. I think in the book she just goes straight from the grave to the motel room where she waits for Shadow, and we don't get any backstory for her at all. She explains to Shadow the thing about the bright light leading her to him (which we see in the show), otherwise I think it just glosses over how she actually got there. And there's never any interaction between Laura and Anubis, I seemed to remember her even saying that all she remembers about being dead was total blackness and nothingness.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I want them to announce a Sandman series and it's just the adventures of Princess Barbara and Martin Tenbones. For five seasons.