Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Joust posted:

He was also Boon in Justified and gently caress that guy.

Oh god, that's where I know him from. Actor does an amazing job of 'unsettling rear end in a top hat'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Guy Mann posted:

If Media is anything like she is in the books then you might get your wish.

Gillian Anderson doing the "Wanna see Lucy's tits?" scene, hubba hubba!

I'm really, really looking forward to her portrayal of the character tbh. She killed it in Hannibal and The Fall

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

hangedman1984 posted:

Despite having a rough first half of the first season, AoS is actually extremely good (as soon as you get past the big reveal from the Winter Soldier movie)

It's really hard to overstate just how bad the first half of season one is though, hoo boy does it spin its wheels.

To get back on topic, I loved everything about the portrayal of Digital Boy, right down to his stupid, lovely, perfectly suited haircut.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Zaphod42 posted:

I've always hated him, but he's always played roles where you're supposed to hate him and he's really good at that. I think he's a good actor, if a one trick pony.

He's one of three actors on the show that are incredibly good at playing real capital 'B' Bastards

Ian McShane in Deadwood and Johnathan Tucker in Justified are the other parts of some sort of amazing Bastard Trinity.

I'm loving this completely batshit insane show, and am still delightfully amazed it got greenlit.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Crow Jane posted:

There are much, much worse ways to spend your time than rewatching Kids in the Hall

Dammit, I'm so bummed this show and Better Call Saul are both ending this week. Gonna have to find something to fill my couch time between now and Game of Thrones

Preacher is about to start up again :unsmith:

They both share contain a reckless Irishman being the best character by far.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Beefeater1980 posted:

I just want to take a moment to point out again how incredibly good and full of detail the credits sequence is. The camera in the eye of the cherub; the microphone in the ninefold candle; the drugs for the Buddha and the mixed prayer wheel / needles, all resolving ultimately into a totem pole.

It's really loving good is what I'm saying.

The credit sequence is absolutely incredible. Figuring out all the references as the series goes on has been a fun metagame.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

jng2058 posted:

Wednesday's gotta be Immigrant's Song. :colbert:

The title track really reminds me of the Karen O/Trent Reznor version from Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

WampaLord posted:

10% of the world ain't nothing to sniff at. Lots of religions right now with less than that share. Like, say, Judaism.

Yes, but that's active worship, which apparently counts for far more in this mythos.