Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

Divinities in Neil Gaiman works don't tend to play by the standard mortal concept of linear time. There's tons of poo poo like that in the Sandman.

Yeah, file it under: "Anansi is a god, and particularly shifty, tricky and hard to pin down one at that." He just doesn't quite work under the same rules we do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Gotta hand it to Gillian Anderson, she's nailed Media. (And to whoever does her music, yeah.)

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

White Rabbit posted:

Thinking back on it that North Korea offer is loving vile, I'm totally on board with Mr. W now.

Why you gotta read racism into everything? I mean, first hanging a black guy from a tree is racist, then casually offering to murder millions of Asian people purely as a go-away bribe is racist. Jeez, old gods are so politically correct these days.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

Mr World definitely seems like Globalization. He's too current to be capitalism but also too market-oriented in his speech to not be related to economics

Well he has a lot of capitalism in his rhetoric, but it's a very specific type of post Cold War capitalism. You've got to wonder if Mr World is still an American god or if his reach has the potential to be truly global in a way none of the other Gods are. If so, if he represents the potential to transcend national boundaries and cultures and beliefs, it's no wonder the new gods respect him.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Pretty sure that was written by a teenage girl, based on the Mary Sue added in at the end.

Well I for one am shocked, shocked that a teenager on the internet has missed the point.

Although it is actually pretty interesting to think about the fact that while Technical Kid is a 4chan dudebro, he's also tumblr and like, every youtube personality out there. Which means he really can say "I can't be racist, I have loads of black worshippers!" or whathaveyou. Okay, now I really want to see Fuller do a Technical Kid-centred episode just to see how the show would deal with the-internet-as-a-temple. Obviously not this series since there's like 3 episodes left and too much ground to cover, but sometime during the show's run would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Monglo posted:

Episode 6: It feels weird that Wednesday could kill Vulcan so easily, as he was set up as a stronger deity with his newfound religion of militarism. Can you even kill a god by just chopping his head off like that?

Ep 6: I'm guessing Wednesday would have had a much harder time of it without that sword. Presumably if a God still has believers they can come back; which I guess was the point of Wednesday putting a curse on the factory, to try and gently caress up Vulcan's worshippers.