Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Doresain posted:

The first season will end just before the House on the Rock , per the producers/Gaiman. They've expanded the roles of some of the female characters to make it a bit less of a sausage party.

That's weird, I feel like *after* that point would be the perfect stopping point for a season, given the big reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I finally got around to watching this, having loved the book a long time ago. I have to say, I like how they're actually tying the interludes/side characters into the narrative.

Also Mad Sweeney is fantastic and I'm glad he got such an expanded role.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 3, 2019

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

To be fair, that's not the entire season. But it's probably worth waiting to see if those with more patience deem it to get better after the first 3.

As much fun as a lot of the non-book stuff was, with such a short season, I feel like they should have focused more on Shadow's travels. At this rate, you won't find out what the gently caress is going on as far as why Wednesday wants Shadow for like 4 seasons, and while it ultimately makes sense and is cool it can't live up to a 5 year buildup. House on the Rock is only 1/5 of the way through the loving book and they don't get to it in the first season.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 7, 2019

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

The worst Gaiman non-subtlety is "Low-key Lyesmith." I don't think there's an eye roll big enough for that one.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Donald Glover/Donald Glover in a fat suit as the brothers

edit: wait he's not actually fat anymore in the book he just has the nickname, right? Oh well they can change that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Yeah I remembered that part, it's been a while since I read the books.