Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

It's not even an obscure fact. It's one of the first things listed on the Wikipedia page for any of the days of the week.

Dude, you're being obnoxious. Of all the things an average person may have randomly learned and retained during their lifetime, linguistic/mythological roots of random words are really not on the more likely end of the spectrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Don't know or care about this Gaiman guy, but I'm not yet aware of Bryan Fuller doing anything that wasn't at least decent, so I'd say give it a shot if you think it might appeal to you at all.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

double nine posted:

I wonder what the author's definition of 'explicit' is then.

Visible genitals. People who care that deeply about explicit content tend to be... weird like that. A still shot of an erect penis doing nothing would be considered "more explicit" than what we saw.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Hey man, I like me some hard dick, I don't mind :P. Was just trying to interpret IMDB "explicitness" person.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I missed it too until someone pointed it out to me. Her victim in the first episode, among so many other things, also calls her "Secret owner of all gold". Given how sad and weak she looked at the start of ep1, yeah, maybe she's slowly getting powers back, including potential "control" of gold. Maybe as she gets stronger she gets to fling it at supersonic speeds and shred people to bits :allears: .

(I don't think what I said is a spoiler, since it was pointed out to me by 2 people who also hadn't read the book but maybe they also heard it second hand so idk).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So this show keeps doing this thing where a scene is technically a conversation between two parties but the focus is overwhelmingly on one of the two who is given space to go loving ham (Anansi intro, Media intro, Technical Boy intro, post-funeral blow-job offer). Oh man, I hope my girl Kristin gets that too... (according to IMDB she's in many episodes, so she's probably important enough plot-wise).

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Red Oktober posted:

You're making a lot of assumptions after two episodes.

Moving from 0 dicks in the first, to 1 dick in the second - assuming exponential growth.... we could be on over 500 dicks in just ten episodes.

Dude... *2 dicks* in the second. You're gonna need a bigger chart. Though there are (unfortunately) only 8 eps in this season...

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Yes but I've heard that all people are stupid and could never make that connection.

That was a week ago and you can stop being a passive-aggressive douche about it now thanks.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

mallratcal posted:

It was "the circumstances of your death commit me." And Anubis has some experience with detached penises.

You're gonna need to elaborate on that one.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
144th up your fukken knowledge.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm past the middle of the first season...

What the hell?

You survived ep4. Enjoy the rest of the ride, it's great.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey man, just let us dream ok

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Let us live in blissful wonderful ignorance

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Oasx posted:

The scene with the gods was really cool, but I could have done without dead wife joining the main story, her and mad sweeney just aren't interesting.

Begone, heathen!

Dancer
May 23, 2011

etalian posted:

I assuming the famous season 1 penis doesn't have a cameo role in S2?

Weren't there like... a lot of S1 penises? There was penis in the cosmic mind-space, there was djinn fire-penis there was krav maga douche penis on the photo frame. Maybe a few others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
There's a lotta need for cocks.