Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Do they give out TV awards for guest stars because Audrey is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Episode owned. Is Anansi riding shotgun?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Then really get the poo poo stirred up by having Aslan show up.

:catdrugs:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Last season was slow as poo poo too but it was more interesting and added good things. This was...what 12 pages and a backstory we didn't need?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

This season would be redeemed if we got a "somewhere in America" with technical boy stuck in the last Radio Shack in America.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The problem with making it more like the novel is that the novel has problems. At some point in the near future, Wednesday is going to dump Shadow into an episode of Supernatural and gently caress off for a few months.

I enjoy the book but its uneven as all hell.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I like that they kept the door open to brining Mad Sweeny back. Pretty convenient that Laura is one step away from having an anti death potion.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Wrap up Shadow and start Anansi boys overlapping next season. Imo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I mean this was always going to be the problem with a straight adaptation of a book that drags in places.

The Wisconsin interlude might as well be a different book.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I love the Lakeside plot but it really feels like an in-universe short story that Gaiman stuck in to pad out the main plot. When Wednesday chastised Shadow for not going in the beginning I legit thought they decided to excise it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I think that's just the in-universe problem with monotheism. When you're trying using one god for all your spiritual needs of course the vengeance personification and the forgiveness personification are going to be pretty divergent. You come to Odin for a particular set of skills so it makes sense that the differences between OG Odin and New World Odin are more subtle and cosmetic.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Season is good so far but lmao at road tripping from Wisconsin to New York in that loving beater.

Also the dead wife plot is so far away from everything else. Why is she getting the Betelgeuse treatment now instead of when she died the first time?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 25, 2021

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

They're foreshadowing the hell out of the Lakeside supernatural stuff compared to the book. Hell the opener two weeks ago gave the whole thing away.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I really hope they resolve Lakeside this season as opposed to the mini Shire Scouring we get in the books.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Gotta get Gaiman to give Orlando Jones a blank check on Anansi Boys

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, the issue was Charles H Eglee, and with how rarely Eglee seems to do work (in the last decade aside from this he's only done executive production work on two televised documentaries and two TV seasons, and cowrote the story of Terminator Dark Fate) I don't think you'll have to worry about their paths crossing again

It's a shame, really, that it's so hard for authentic voices of Black culture to find work.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

quote:

Lindo will star as Anansi/Mr. Nancy.

Booooooooo.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Oh yeah, no disrespect to Delroy Lindo. He's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

And it can get you in the mood to continue to S-tier audiobook Anansi Boys