Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

my god Ian McShane is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guy Mann posted:

Wasn't Bilquis a prostitute in the book too? I really prefer the show's take on it either way.

Bryan Fuller is pretty open about being into social justice (in Hannibal he never did sexualized violence or rape, for example) so in addition to the expanded female roster I doubt Wednesday using his god powers to sleep with whoever he wants is going to be in the show.

I dunno, they might take it out because McShane is just too affable a presence but in the book that was the moment that made me finally go "man, Wednesday actually kinda sucks." It's important for that reason at least.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zaphod42 posted:

Cocksucker, have you even seen Deadwood?

I meant in this but point taken

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean, it's a really obvious spoiler but you should probably mark it anyway.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's really awesome how when I go "this is a spoiler" people decide to make it loving inescapable by just talking openly about how obvious it is

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cojawfee posted:

Then don't bring it up. Don't discuss the book in the thread like the OP asked. If someone says "this is a spoiler by the way, you should spoiler tag this" every time someone talks about something from the show, it's going to get pretty annoying.

I didn't bring it up and I wasn't talking about the book, what the gently caress are you talking about? Asking someone to tag untagged book discussion is "annoying"? Who gives a poo poo?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cojawfee posted:

Read my post again. Telling people who haven't read the books to tag their post because they don't know it's a book spoiler is annoying and, get this, a spoiler.

Golli posted:

I read the book a long time ago.

Shut the gently caress up dude, you didn't even read the post I was responding to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Steve Yun posted:

What are the Children described as in the book?

Just opened my copy to that page out of curiosity and they're not, really.

quote:

There were people sitting beside [Shadow], but he could not turn to look at them. . . . He realized that he had not yet got a clear look at either of the people who had been in the back seat with him. He did not know if they were men or women, old or young.