Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Mameluke posted:

I am hella excited for more Bryan Fuller on the screen!

I love Bryan Fuller's stuff, and it makes me sad that so much of it got canceled so quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Also I read American Gods back way before the Marvel Cinematic Universe was a thing. Loki is now a household name and a beloved character by many. I was a big nerd of Mythology, so I picked up on Low Key pretty fast, but I dunno how many other people did. But nowadays? Its hard to hide that...

Seems like the show just avoided saying his name, maybe I missed it. But the marketing straight up spoiled it.

It is pretty obvious in hindsight, but neither me nor any of my friends that read the book caught it before the big reveal.

E: Also wanted to echo what several others have said about the casting so far being absolutely perfect.

hangedman1984 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 1, 2017

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

To be fair, Its certainly a lot easier to miss when you only read it and never hear the name spoken, also the character was introduced before any of the god stuff happened.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

I was going nuts trying to remember who Shadow Moon's inmate friend was, and just realized it's the orderly from Hannibal who was a serial killer fan

He was also the russian gay cyborg in Fuller's High Moon pilot (I wish that had gotten picked up, although not if it would have prevented American Gods from happening)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Brah you can't just casually toke on synthetic frog skins like its not big deal.

Of course Technical Boy would be into vaping.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Aardark posted:

That's rough. On the other hand, if you watch known garbage show Agents of Shield and read a thread about it, you kind of deserve what you get. It's the same deal with The Walking Dead for me.

Despite having a rough first half of the first season, AoS is actually extremely good (as soon as you get past the big reveal from the Winter Soldier movie)

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

When the dick pic came up did anybody else think "Dane Cook wishes"

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I guess there are worse was to go though!

They all seemed to be pretty happy so :shrug:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Trip report for those of us unwilling to click a link to Breitbart?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

Dane Cook's dick pic was in episode 2.

Dane Cook wishes that was his actual dick pic

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

You're reading too much into it. Cats just really like pushing things off ledges.

The exact reason I just out laughing when that happened, cuz that is exactly what a cat would do.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

Laura is a sad, broken and lovely person.

And whats great is that she is fully aware of how lovely a person she is.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

AegisP posted:

American Gods is doing a fantastic job of making me wish even more for a Sandman TV adaptation.

Yes, but I'd also much prefer no Sandman movie/tv series to a bad one.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Anybody check the credits? Was it Bran?

I smell a crossover

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

precision posted:

Media should definitely have her own spinoff

But...like...what if all of television is her spinoff? :aaaaa: :350:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

vermin posted:

Does Santa Claus exist?

Yeah, its Mr Wednesday.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

If they don't get the Kids in the Hall to play the Canadian pantheon I don't even know what this show is anymore

Though it may be too late for poor impaled Scott Thompson

Cabbage-head, The "I'm-squishing-your-head" guy, Buddy Cole, Chicken Lady, Simon and his manservant Hecubus. Any big ones I'm forgetting?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Damnit, now I've got the urge to re-watch all of Kids in the Hall.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, between that and The Handmaid' s Tale it's probably time to pop my Hulu cherry

Been meaning to watch Handmaid's Tale, but drat I know its gonna be depressing. Been waiting til I could get in a proper headspace.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

CaveGrinch posted:

Not our fault Shadow is dim.

In Shadow's defense, it isn't an easy thing to discard everything you ever knew about reality. I'm sure a lot of Shadow not being able to accept Wednesday as Odin was less him not figuring it out, and more trying to accept that this old conman he is working for is literally a god. Its a lot easier for us as viewers to accept that fact because we are already aware that this show is fantasy.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In tangentially related news they announced that David Tennant will be playing Crowley and Michael Sheen will be playing Aziraphale in Amazon's adaptation of Good Omens next year.

Crossing my fingers that this will also be good.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

So... Kristen Chenoworth is 4'11"

That seems accurate, she is a tiny lady.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Goddamnit NO! There has to be at least SOME men in tv/movies/hollywood that aren't molesty pieces of poo poo...right??? I mean they can't ALL be rapers, can they???

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Well..at least season one was good. :( :(

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

mallratcal posted:

Well that sucks. Since she's Media it will make it easier to explain her new appearance.

I wonder if Starz is just going to cancel the show?

Well yes, continuity-wise having Media all of a sudden look different would be incredibly easy to explain away. Doesn't change the fact that Gillian Anderson was loving incredible as Media, and it will not be easy to try to follow behind her performance.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

So I've come across several conflicting articles in the last hour about how Neil Gaiman is going to be the new showleader, or maybe he isn't, also maybe Bryan Fuller and Michael Green might still be involved in some capacity, maybe.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

At this point I don't know why anyone in their right mind would hire Fuller for anything. I certainly wouldn't.

I absolutely would.

...If I had unlimited money I didn't mind blowing through as fast as possible to make a really pretty tv show.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I'm REALLY gonna miss Gillian Anderson though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Yestermoment posted:

Bryan Fuller needs to stop jumping ship (or getting forced off the ship?) and stick to a single show. The dude directs some interesting stuff, but gently caress if he can keep his eggs in a basket.

Studios need to realize that he is going to make some incredible poo poo, but it is going to be expensive as gently caress before they hire him.