Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Anyone with a cursory knowledge of Old English or the origins of the names of each day would guess that one, though. I think the show spells it out pretty well in the first ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I can kind of understand the wife a little more after seeing that big dick.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
That had to be one of the hottest gay scenes ever shot for TV.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
It's definitely one of the few gay sex scenes on TV where it's implied that no protection was used. So basically mimicking how a lot of straight sex scenes play out. There's usually an abundance of what amounts to a PSA before gay sex happens in other shows, it seems (for reference: Looking emphasized it a ton aside from one encounter, which was cheating and therefore shamed).

I thought the transition to the desert and the men becoming obsidian was actually really well done, and they pulled back far enough for the fire effects to look pretty decent.

Ubiquitous_ fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 15, 2017

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Salim is too freaking adorable, and I can't wait until he meets the super-hung Djinn again.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Mad Sweeney's entire rant in that restaurant was excellent writing.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Kristen Chenoweth loving killed it as Ostara. The moment she reveals her powers is stunning.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I'll always appreciate the show for having an honest, intimate depiction of Muslim homosexuality. It's sad that it's probably gonna be dead after its only season.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Hot, wasn’t it?

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
They still have the great visuals, but that premiere was the definition of spinning its wheels.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Ricky Whittle is great to look at, but drat do they not do him any favors for his character with the script. There's a whole lot of "*look bewildered at everything going on around him*", too.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Kaedric posted:

While American Gods is a good read, I was kinda skeptical about a TV series because Shadow is like, explicitly a non-entity over pretty much the entire story. In that regard, Ricky is doing... well?

I haven't read the book yet, so that's good to know. I just wish he was given more of a presence. Though I do also agree with the poster above you that I kind of appreciate the way they make him demure despite his size; it's not a typical path you'd take with a character of Ricky's physicality.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
You get Ricky Whittle in a towel and shy away from showing his enormous dong? Instant L for this season.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I’m on episode 6 now and find myself doing anything besides actually watching the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Johnny Truant posted:

Ep 5 reallllllllly sucked. Like, even Anansi couldn't improve it.

Whoever said they end up doing anything other than watching this show is spot on.

That was me, and it's held true up until the very end of Episode 7.