Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.
I've read the book a couple times (and listened to the audiobook once) and love it. Ian McShane is perfect as Wednesday (despite him being very much not what I pictured when I first read the books). I like that Audrey was somehow more and less likeable here.

I'm not sure how I feel on the visuals. Everything seems too textured and muddy, Also holy bokeh, it's a little much at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

Le Saboteur posted:

The way they've redone Technical Boy is so good.

I think I'll miss the fat acne ridden kid that was in my head but I'm okay with this version too (especially when you get that digital polygon-esque shot?? Loved that!)

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

Steve Yun posted:

So if someone were to make a second thread should it be the book reader thread or the tv only thread

Book reader thread. And then I can finally respectfully scream in delight at all the things.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

That should stop now that we actually have a place for book/spoiler chat. Just keep redirecting.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

:allears:

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

Steve Yun posted:

Rejoice! Fans of American Gods have a new annoying fan nick name of their own

https://twitter.com/hashtag/godsquad?lang=en

Ugh. I really hate the social media marketing for this show.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

Deadulus posted:

Yeah I read the book a long time ago, but I think it made it more clear the guy hated his life. He was under a ton of pressure from his wife's family to succeed at selling in New York and also berated by them for failing.

Minor correction, it was his sister and her husband pressuring Salim, not Salim's wife.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

Open Source Idiom posted:

The show's clearly decided that it's not going to let the CGI budget or time budget of a television show stop it from showing whatever it wants, photorealism be damned. Some shots are just going to be a bit shittier. Perhaps they'll get more money or a better production house next season?

They blew all their budget on casting and I'm 1000% okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

How can you miss that a guy with a dog steps into the road, the car stops in front of the dog (so it clearly didn't die) and then Anubis stands up? He was the dog. He shows up because he just found where Laura was.

To be fair. The first time Anubis showed up the woman wasn't shown falling off her stool. Until he pointed out the body we, the audience, weren't aware that she was dead.

I don't think his question was a dumb one. Chill out.