Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Technical Boy's scene made me want to go play Superhot again.

Also I laughed really hard at the dude getting covered with hundreds of arrows after taking one step in the beginning, it really set the tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Escape Addict posted:

Also, the book was more sympathetic towards Bilquis by making her victim an unlikable shithead, but in the TV show, he's a hapless old man getting back into the dating scene. I felt this change made her seem much more of a predator.

Wasn't Bilquis a prostitute in the book too? I really prefer the show's take on it either way.

Bryan Fuller is pretty open about being into social justice (in Hannibal he never did sexualized violence or rape, for example) so in addition to the expanded female roster I doubt Wednesday using his god powers to sleep with whoever he wants is going to be in the show.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

I was disappointed that there was no Redtube god.

If Media is anything like she is in the books then you might get your wish.

Gillian Anderson doing the "Wanna see Lucy's tits?" scene, hubba hubba!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Tyler Perry's Media

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ButteryNoodles posted:

I've read that there are more "coming to America" scenes in the other episodes. I'm kind of curious to see if that same level of overblown bullshit is in all of them.

Good news, the "Coming to America"/"Somewhere in America" headers were a thing from the book where they would break up chapters of the story with tangentially-related vignettes. So it's not a one-off thing, it's a narrative device that is used across the book and is probably going to keep popping up in the show as well. Especially going off of the show credits online, the one about the closeted gay cabbie being seduced by a djinn (with 'spicy cum', thanks a lot Gaiman) is apparently going to span multiple episodes.

Also if the Bilquis scene winds up on YouTube or another streaming site then please link it so I can freak out some friends.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Judging by that fight scene I'm guessing that Bryan Fuller is a fan of Sucker Punch and that motivated hm casting Emily Browning, that super floaty anime jumping and exaggerated impacts from punching was straight out of one of Babydoll's fantasy sequences.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

biracial bear for uncut posted:

If there are multiple Jesuses, I see no reason why Santa Claus can't be running around with Mr. Wednesday also out there (seeing as all the gifts in one night thing is a really watered-down version of the Wild Hunt where Odin would stop at various houses while the Hunt was about and leave presents wherever food and drinks were left out for his refreshment while on said hunt).

Just to bring things full-circle, Ian McShane played a murderous Santa in season 2 of American Horror Story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQi0wJTu_E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Ian McShane's greatest role will always be the combative stepdad from Hot Rod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUpzZ30FviE

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 10, 2017