Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
So Open Source Idiom...any particular reason you picked the poo poo POST tag for this? :v:

(Going to guess that you forgot to pick a tag period.)

Sepinwall has seen the first four episodes and here's his review (he thinks it's good): http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/american-gods-review-starz-neil-gaiman/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

FairGame posted:

Stardust was awesome and extremely good and fun, and I am super pumped for this show that is on a channel I don't have

Well between Black Sails and this, I know I'm going to start paying more attention to Starz original programming.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

MiddleOne posted:

If you haven't seen Spartacus you really should just drop whatever you're doing and go watch that instead. It has an unfathomably terrible first episode (that I'd advise just skipping because covers nothing that also isn't covered in episode 2) but its one of the best paced drama/action shows ever put to television and pretty much kicked off the goodwill for Starz on this forum.

Thanks. Yeah...I actually binged Spartacus right before I binged and caught up on Black Sails...I ended up liking BS better and was more sad when it was over. :shrug:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Good premiere. I haven't read the book for like 15 years so I remember some bits but not others and it's nice to encounter things like it's the first time. Loved the arm with the sword breaking the frame. Love what the actor et al are doing with Shadow, because honestly I remember Shadow being really kind of flat. This Shadow has personality and charisma. I think this has the potential to keep being good, but I'm worried about pacing issues.

Also, I know it's Starz, but I think it took some balls to put the Bilquis "sex" scene in the premiere. That's going to be too weird for some folk and they might stop there, but gently caress those people.

Aardark posted:

Please also check out Legion for your crazy visuals needs.

It's interesting that both these shows are playing with the aspect ratio. I'm having a hard time remembering other shows doing this. Have there been many before this? Did Hannibal (can't remember)?

Aardark posted:

That's rough. On the other hand, if you watch known garbage show Agents of Shield and read a thread about it, you kind of deserve what you get. It's the same deal with The Walking Dead for me.

Ffffffffffffffffffff. Now you've done it. I've already seen other threads recently get derailed by a "HOW GOOD IS AGENTS OF SHIELD REALLY" conversation, let's not make this another.

Edit: gently caress it's too late just in-between when I started this post and finished. God. drat. It.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

DivisionPost posted:

Look, Longbaugh, I know it's hard to see it up there in that ivory tower of yours but we need to remember that in the midst of this fascinating, impressionistic riff on a beloved shaggy-dog novel, nobody is asking the hard questions about Agents of SHIELD.

Look man, you don't know how hard it is to be up in this god drat tower. First of all, I get horrible cell reception and the wi-fi router is down at ground level for some reason. Also, do you know how hard it is to get Jimmy Johns to deliver up here?

This is no way to live I might just take the express elevator out of here YES I MEAN JUMP OFF TO MY DEATH.

gently caress.