Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
"I offer you the worm from my beak and you act like I just hosed your mother." Perfect delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

I think you mean...

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

quote:

This isn't the book thread, go post in the book thread if you wanna do that dude

Fuller already posted storyboards with that name. So now you can't even spoiler stuff in this thread that Fuller publicly posts about? I don't even remember that character from the book. Jesus Christ.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
For fucks sake don't go on Reddit. The Trump supporters have shown up and are now "done" with the show. They were totes cool with all the gay stuff and dongs though.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Tigren posted:

That's a cool condescending tone you've taken there. Does American Gods have commercials where you watch it? If the tiger needs multiple posts for discussion, maybe it's better suited for the Hannibal thread and not the thread for American Gods, the show from the same guy as another show. Or maybe you can find some bad tigers in American Gods and talk about it here.

Isn't there a thread for incessant bitching about inconsequential things you can take this to?

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Easter is not a new character. She just shows up later in the book.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, too bad in reality the immediate die-off of all the crops and vegetation on earth would put us all into The Road Warrior mode in about a week's time. Not even the Goddess of Media would be able to spin a rosy tone on things.

I'm sure Media doesn't want all her believers dying of starvation so she's kind of over a barrel here... better get that message of prayer out there or they'll all hosed.

Or she calls Ostara's bluff doesn't do a thing and Ostara caves eventually because it's not as though she can survive a mass die off of people either.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
I mean, Media sounded shocked and concerned after she blighted the land. "What have you done?" Also prompting World to declare the war on. It's a pretty good example of how the New Gods might have all this hubris but the Old Gods can still be drat powerful.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
It's certainly an interesting thing that I hope isn't dropped. The whole scene was made new for the show so who is to say how it'll go.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
I never knew that Wednesday was named for Odin, but the talking to ravens / one-eyed thing is a pretty clear giveaway to anyone with a passing knowledge of Norse mythology. Or has watched the loving Thor movies.

Then of course they mentioned several other names which could have been Googled easily and oh, plastered ODIN on the side of a rocket. Not our fault Shadow is dim.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
I’ll probably still watch but I’ve basically checked out after all of this.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But he still hosed up on Discovery because he couldn't get scripts finished on time.

Well, the problem there was he was spread too thin with also trying to make American Gods happen.

Just one project at a time, Bryan. It worked with Pushing Daisies and Hannibal.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Fuller made Hannibal on a shoestring budget.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
https://tv.avclub.com/after-a-creat...source=Facebook

AV Club not thrilled with the first few episodes in comparison to last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
I think what pisses me off is how they’ve ham handedly handled the lack of Chenoweth and Anderson.

Reversing Ostara’s killing of all the crops makes NO sense. In the book, Ostara only even has one more appearance much much later on. Just reversing a giant cliffhanger plot point is SLOPPY.

And the drawn out Tech Boy scene was just... long... as someone said here prior, we know she’s not showing.