Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I've read the book once or twice, so there's no secrets - I enjoyed it. Title sequence was good but the robot dog or whatever should have had a Cerberus thing going instead.

It's fine, even with the Spartacus blood spatters.

Shadow Moon is still a dumb name and always has been. Liked Mad Sweeney. Looking forward to the rest of it, as it gets... darker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I loved what they did with the rest of the TV screens when Gillian was on - just stopped dead and looked at Shadow. It's a subtle way to do sinister.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

hangedman1984 posted:

But...like...what if all of television is her spinoff? :aaaaa: :350:

If she gets an Emmy for this performance the whole thing becomes so meta it might just disappear up its own rear end

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't like New Media, but I think I get her as a character, and it's OK to not like something and still have it contribute as a part of a greater whole that you do like. I'll give her time.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This is all clearly a ploy by Media to make us distrust the upcoming season

Oh wait no just racism

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't know why they insist on using the "plants growing/ungrowing very quickly" and "petals and such" VFX for the goddesses. It doesn't look good.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ah well, sucks that it's being canceled but I honestly expected it to be canceled after (or during) Season 2. 3 Was... kind of slow but that part of the book is, and it was way better than 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

I see, The Sandman TV adaptation is finally coming to fruition! :w00t:

Anansi Boys was a pretty good book though, glad to see it being adapted.