Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All in all I really liked the first episode. Thought it ended at an odd point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The first season is 8 episodes and only covers the first third of the book. They're also expanding some character bits like they'll be spending more time with Laura.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, they announced that earlier with Jeremy Davies playing White Jesus.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think you're supposed to take Media as waning in power seeing as she effortlessly beats the poo poo out of the Technical Boy.

Also even without the deal Wednesday was unhappy with Mr World/the new Gods. He brings up how they different views on how to deal with the people who believe in them. Old Gods like Wednesday and Czernoborg have a give and take relationship with humanity. They take belief and sacrifices but they will give something back in return (like in the first episode where Odin gives the Vikings their wind) while the New Gods just take and take and take.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

double nine posted:

apparently Sweeney was at some point to be played by Sean Harris, and I just can't see it. Maybe I haven't seen the right Harris movies. Schreiber's Sweeney is best Sweeney.

Well, maybe they agreed with you since he did leave the show? Although for a look of how he probably would have done it, Harris was the crazy tattooed guy in Prometheus.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really wish that the season was longer than 8 episodes. Like maybe just 10 or 12 would be better. Because as is it really feels like the season is ending too early.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just want to remind people that just because the season is now over it doesn't mean book spoilers are okay, especially since there are some big ones lurking out there. Please use the book spoiler thread for any book related discussion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big Bug Hug posted:

WHAAAAAAAAAAT! That was my favorite book as a kid. That's awesome!

They're in the middle of filming it right now and Gaiman has been posting a lot of behind the scenes stuff on social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Combat Pretzel posted:

Really? Amazon advertises it as Prime Original over here. Them and Netflix need to stop that sort of poo poo.

It airs on Starz in America but Amazon has distribution worldwide.