Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

etalian posted:

Even better it was LSD space dicks

That scene was pretty :catdrugs: and great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Esme posted:

Yeah, they switched identities. The djinn is wearing the guy's suit when we see him talking to Wednesday in the diner in episode 1.

:tipshat: Ok that makes more sense.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Nobody gonna talk about how she kicked that dude in the nuts and busted him in half?

:siren::nws::siren:

:trumppop:

This was amazing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gimme my coin dead wife

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

And More posted:

Yeah, I'm really enjoying the road movie side story on its own. The adventures of leprechaun, dead wife and gay muslim cab driver (who banged a genie) are pretty excellent.

It is a good roadtrip.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vaginebula is a good word.

Next season can't get here soon enough.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

All I could think of during that scene was "Korean Jesus ain't got time for your problems. He's busy dealing with Korean poo poo."

Was Media dressed up as a famous person this time?

edit: vvvv That's brilliant

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 19, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pr0p posted:

So Wednesday is the bad guy, right? Machinated everything that has gone wrong in Shadow's life for 3 years, framing people for murder and using that information to talk Easter into destroying humanities food sources? Bad guys are not wrong, they are just assholes, basically?

Well he is a god

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

Now let's argue for a year about whether he said "ODIN" or "RAIDEN"

He's way too competent to be Raiden

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I want to see the gods based off sports teams

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

No one is addressing the reasons behind Green and Fuller’s exit, but we hear that the split may have been over the series’ budget. There had been chatter that the budget for first season of the ambitious production had ballooned to Game of Thrones levels. We hear series producer FremantleMedia North America, under new scripted chief Dante di Loreto, tried to impose big budget cuts for the 10-episode second season, which led to the showrunner change.

quote:

Creators and executive producers on the series, Fuller and Green are said to be departing after clashing with producer FremantleMedia over budget and creative direction. Fuller and Green were said to have been pushing for an increase to the series’ budget for season two. Sources close to the production said that the per-episode budget for “American Gods” season two already nearly $10 million.

Considering how much of a dumpster fire the first seasons ratings(viewers not critical acclaim) were, seems kinda silly they were trying to get the budget even higher.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mameluke posted:

loving lol at everyone who blames Bryan Fuller for the network loving him over

I mean if you paid him to make the first season did you even watch it? Of course he's going to want to expand on the already generous budget you asked for.

However I'm curious at how that money breaks down when you look at a $10 million per episode price tag. Is it the celebrity cast? Because the show, as great as it is, doesn't look that much better than Hannibal, a show always cheaper than it looked where Bryan paid for the Siouxsie Sioux song in the finale himself.

edit: also a show without both showrunners and probably more than just Kristin Chenoweth leaving the cast will be bad no matter what

How did the network gently caress him over? He made a show with middling acclaim that no one watched and then had the balls to ask for what would've been one of the highest tv budgets ever. Starz was totally right to tell him to gently caress off.

Yea I'm wondering where the money was going too. Maybe he wanted a ton more Jinn sex scenes this season???

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 6, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

Pull a Star Trek and beam out before it even starts [from which he was fired because loving CBS]

Do you think they fired him for fun or what?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He just needs to get some streaming service to give him a blank check for the prestige.

But he still hosed up on Discovery because he couldn't get scripts finished on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Eh, I'm not sure we can entirely blame the networks anymore. :shrug:

Fuller does amazing work and is an incredible auteur who knows how to pick his team and find talent, but I think he will never find success with a traditional network. Hopefully Netflix or Amazon will just give him $50M, no strings attached, out of their combined $18 billion 2019 programming budget for the slew of awards he will inevitably win on their behalf.
:homebrew:

That's probably what Starz gave him for American Gods s1 and it still wasn't enough.

CaveGrinch posted:

Fuller made Hannibal on a shoestring budget.

He definitely worked better under constraints.