Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ButteryNoodles
Jul 18, 2006
Deliciously satisfactory.
I'm a dummy. What was with all of the arrows? Just another god keeping those drat Vikings away?

Also, the last arrow that landed a beat late into the dead man's foot made me chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButteryNoodles
Jul 18, 2006
Deliciously satisfactory.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah just seemed like the Natives were telling them to gently caress off, this is our land and we'll defend it.

I did think it was super awkward though that the Vikings were all "our god is a war god, so lets go to war against each other!"
Like... why not try going to war with the Natives?

I guess they (probably correctly) figured they were massively outnumbered and had no chance?

Reading it as a Native American / First Peoples god keeping them away is kinda fun though, I hadn't considered that. Its entirely plausible.

I know right? It could've just been for comedic effect, but the accuracy and volume just stuck out to me. I guess it's more plausible that in a show/story about mythology and gods, a little exaggeration is to be expected.

I've read that there are more "coming to America" scenes in the other episodes. I'm kind of curious to see if that same level of overblown bullshit is in all of them.