Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ninty released some english gameplay stuff recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DX7Eq8WzBo

this game look sreally weird. its got random encounters and SMT-style dungeon crawling where you can get ambush bonuses and such. but then it just goes into a fire emblem map. its at 3:30 in the video above. some differences i noticed from the trailer:

- skills (called combat arts now) are earned from using a weapon and equipment for a period of time like FFIX. looks like they kept the fates design of no weapon durability (thank god)
- the dungeons
- arrows have a range of like 5 - 6 :staredog:
- no time travelling children, phew
- if somebody dies you can save their soul by traversing a hard dungeon to save them from the underworld or something (not in the trailer I just read about this)

i have the feeling this wont be a great strategy game but as a straight up dungeon crawler with a weird strategy combat system it could be kinda rad. oh also you can rewind time once a battle but im not a Casual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The Fire Emblem guys have completely regained their minds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its actually a remake of a Famicom game that came out 3 years after the SNES existed so theyre still firmly maniacs.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Its actually a remake of a Famicom game that came out 3 years after the SNES existed so theyre still firmly maniacs.

that's almost falcom level crazy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

that's almost falcom level crazy

the fifth fire emblem came out on the Super Nintendo...one year before the Gamecube was released

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dungeons aand weapon skills in a fire emblem game...i think im into it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*pops open a few bottles of genderswap gas like champagne and cheers!*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Average Bear posted:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

the fifth fire emblem came out on the Super Nintendo...one year before the Gamecube was released
This owns so hard

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Midriffs are a Must my good sir!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Average Bear posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

i love this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It would be a pretty funny joke if all the Imp Zone posters got hit with gender swap gas .

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

It would be a pretty funny joke if all the Imp Zone posters got hit with gender swap gas .

Lunchmeat Mary

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Shitlady Plutonis

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

goferchan posted:

*sexy

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

goferchan posted:

Yeah, it would be really wacky if all the girls in the Imp Zone became dudes...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

yeah thracia 776 came out in 2000. amazing! well, technically it came out in 1999 on this re-writable rom kiosk for super famicom sort of like the famicom disk system

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

there's a new phone thing called FaceApp where it shows you yourself as a girl and I look like a cute 90s tomboy lesbian. Not posting it for fear of horny gamers.

Also this game sounds bonkers. I can't wait for archer domination again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

might be cool if the maps force you to move around instead of big ol open garbage like all of birthright and 1/2 of awakening :c00l:

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

there's a new phone thing called FaceApp where it shows you yourself as a girl and I look like a cute 90s tomboy lesbian. Not posting it for fear of horny gamers.

Also this game sounds bonkers. I can't wait for archer domination again

lets just play a game of pretend

remake FE4/5 for Switch now

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

hyped for this. between this and breath of the wild it seems like a lot of experimentation is happening in all the nintedo devs and I love it.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
preordered the collector's edition, pretty drat hyped

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

yeah thracia 776 came out in 2000. amazing! well, technically it came out in 1999 on this re-writable rom kiosk for super famicom sort of like the famicom disk system

it makes me wonder if it was just like one guy who somebody forgot to tell to stop making FE games and he emerged in 1999 like Hey guys ah made a SNES game

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

it makes me wonder if it was just like one guy who somebody forgot to tell to stop making FE games and he emerged in 1999 like Hey guys ah made a SNES game

This is totally believable based on what I've heard of Japanese companies

wasn't there some guy on the final fantasy team who got assigned to texture a rock and then no one remembered to give him another job? So like there's this one random boulder in FFXII that's just gorgeous

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

P-Mack posted:

This is totally believable based on what I've heard of Japanese companies

wasn't there some guy on the final fantasy team who got assigned to texture a rock and then no one remembered to give him another job? So like there's this one random boulder in FFXII that's just gorgeous

Can't wait to find that Boulder when Zodiac Age comes out

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

might be cool if the maps force you to move around instead of big ol open garbage like all of birthright and 1/2 of awakening :c00l:

im just amazed they still had something like conquest in them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Zas posted:

im just amazed they still had something like conquest in them

conquest was really good yeah. the only thing i didn't like is like all the bosses toward the end startied having that rend heaven or whatever skill that made them do double damage and triggered like 70% of the time jEeZ lOuise fortunately i could usually one shot them with mozu shooting gold at them

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the maps in this game are allegedly really bad

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

they were making a FE 64 game but it kept getting delayed while the team did other N64 poo poo so the main FE guy made Thracia in the meantime, then he quit and made a really blatant FE clone for PSX that got him sued

the first GBA game (The Binding Blade, FE6) is loosely based on the cancelled N64 game

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the maps in this game are allegedly really bad

Eh, New Mystery is probably one of the best games and it's maps are only interesting because of the enemies actually being good on Hard mode. Wide open fields aren't the worst thing ever if the enemies have good weapons/stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

conquest was really good yeah. the only thing i didn't like is like all the bosses toward the end startied having that rend heaven or whatever skill that made them do double damage and triggered like 70% of the time jEeZ lOuise fortunately i could usually one shot them with mozu shooting gold at them
I really enjoyed Conquest but some of the gotcha enemies with cheap skill setups made me rol l my eyes a bit

• Locked thread